On Board Attire for men

This will be my first cruise, and I'm interested in what is acceptable cruisewear. I'm a single 57 year old guy, and looking to impress the ladies. Is a tux necessary? How about a black suit? Are leisure suits acceptable at the non formal dinners?

Pool wear-can I get away with a thong or should I go for a more conservative look?

Are there plenty of single/widowed women on these trips? Where is the best place on the ship to meet them? What about the rich ones?

Oh, yes--PLEASE wear a thong!!!! We've been waiting sooooo long for nice scenery to view during our cruise!!!!

And the leisure suit--I just wish MORE real men would wear them! Aahhh, polyester!!!

Just one little tip: If you're balding, we women (especially the rich ones) just LOVE a comb-over!

Alot of people will argue about this but I think you should be just fine with the thong on formal night, provided it is a dark color. Bright color thongs are okay for resort casual nights but should be avoided on formal night.

As far as whether you will impress the ladies, rich widows or otherwise, I guess it depends how well the thong fits. Maybe you should swing by the Windjammer on your way to the dining room and pick up a banana and a couple of kiwis, cucumbers and oranges would just be showing off.

There is an old saying...

Dress For Success!

If you are a young guy (I am an old 63) and interested in meeting women, definitely, NO Thongs By The Pool, and dress a bit nicer than the casual shorts and tee shirt set.

We dress formal on the formal nights, wear a sport coat on the smart casual nights and shirts with collars and slacks on the casual nights.

Remember...

- Old Guys Rule

- Old Age Ain't For Sissies

Have a great cruise!

Whoa, they like combovers? I'm gonna be a hit on that ship.

If they like black socks and sandals, I'm gonna be the Ricardo Montalban. I'm like fine Corinthian Leather.

I got dibs on cb at sea if ever I run across her. I can mambo like you never seen.

Well, you seem like a goer there lazygal. I like that in a woman *wink wink nudge nudge* I asked in another thread, but I'll ask here, is there bingo on the ships? Do a lot of women play bingo on the ships? Will I need a few rolls of change (now THOSE look good in the pockets boys) to play?

What about shuffleboard? Are these games friendly? I've seen a few cutthroat ones, and I wanna relax. I don't want any of those "It's go time, punk" types playing with me. I have a lotta questions. I only went on the big red boat once with the (ex) wife and kids (talk about cutthroat, cripes), so I didn't have much of an opportunity to meet any women.

Nah, I don't qualify for a kilt, but I'll tell ya what, you wanna watch your bingo change around people who do. Just a little tip for ya (no pun intended).

I have a tux somewhere in the attic, one of the only things DW (drunken wife) and UK (ungrateful kids) left me. I think I can get it spiffed up. I don't wanna make any missteps with the ladies, because I'm hoping to nab one of them during the cruise, and maybe get wife number 2. I don't want a poor one though, which is the whole idea behind the cruise thing. You meet poor women in Dollywood, and I don't need any more of that.

Just an FYI. If you want to play bingo, a bunch of change isn't going to cut it. You'll pay for your bingo cards with your Sea Pass, and it's not cheap. Something like $25 for the least expensive package (could be less, but that's the amount that keeps coming to me; we don't play bingo). The ship is mostly a cashless society. The only cash we use onboard is small bills for room service tips or tips to a particularly helpful bartender.

(Yeesh...The mental pictures y'all are giving me. I think I need an aspirin.)

beachchick

Awright then, I'll buy the bingo cards, I guess I don't need change.

Look pal, there IS enough liquor to make me look good to the ladies. I'm planning on buying a nice bottle of Champale (7.99 or under. I wonder if i should bring that myself in my duffel bag) for the first lady that gives me the eye.

Awright then, I'll buy the bingo cards, I guess I don't need change.

Look pal, there IS enough liquor to make me look good to the ladies. I'm planning on buying a nice bottle of Champale (7.99 or under. I wonder if i should bring that myself in my duffel bag) for the first lady that gives me the eye.

Gee, I never had champale but I am sure I would love it. Please put it in your duffel bag. Wrap in Christmas paper or something, so whoever you share it with, will feel special. I hope your belly hangs over your thong because that is super sexy too.

I'm not rich, but probably I could be if I divorce my husband. Let's meet and talk about it and if it works out, we could live happily ever after. Meet me at the pool deck in your thong. I'll be there Sunday about 3.

Katie

Oh no, I ain't lookin for anybody with a live husband. I'm lookin for an older lady, hopefully a widow with no kids. I don't care if she's a little sick, or even a little incontinent. I don't think I'm gonna bring a thong anyways. I'm bringing 3 speedos (only one flesh colored, so don't judge me) and 2 man-kinis (kinda like boxer-brief underpants that have matching shirts. All with some kinda tropical theme).

Archived