rental car in vancouver

dragboy

I want to rent a car in vancouver on the 10th of sept for a couple of days returning the car in Seattle.While checking for rates, many companies say things like "serving the cruise terminal or pick-up at terminal". My question is which rental companies are close and convient when you get off you cruise?Allstate(my full coverage carrier) also told me my insurance will not cover me in Canada so i will have to get the cdw -ouch

I rented from Avis last year. They had a free shuttle at the pier (Ballantyne) that took me to their downtown office. I turned the car in in Seattle. Also got a free upgrade when I got to the Avis office in Vancouver. As far as insurance, my carrier covered me, no problem. I have Citizens.

I want to rent a car in vancouver on the 10th of sept for a couple of days returning the car in Seattle.While checking for rates, many companies say things like "serving the cruise terminal or pick-up at terminal". My question is which rental companies are close and convient when you get off you cruise?Allstate(my full coverage carrier) also told me my insurance will not cover me in Canada so i will have to get the cdw -ouch

Check to see if your credit card offers coverage. Ours covers us everywhere. Most of the major car rental companies have downtown offices, many in hotels.

Viv

Alamo is right there at the pier - and the cars are in parking lot. You pick up your luggage and go directly to their booth. We used the off-site rental before. Had to wait for them to come get us (even though they told us to call 1/2 hr before and they'd be there) then had to wait another 1/2 hr for them to process us. Quick, easy and good prices.

1. thanks viv, I checked and my credit card does cover this.I should pay more attention to the inserts in my bill.----
  2. As for Alamo being right there is exactly what i was looking for. .thanks-notnormal

All major car rental companies have kiosks at Canada Place/Pan Pacific hotel and will either shuttle you to their nearest location or have a car ready for you.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived