We need some help.....

We need some help or better yet I need some help. I am always left to plan vacations and again I am planning last minute bc of my husbands deployment schedule.

I am trying to plan a cruise for late July or August for 5 people. Myself and my two sons and my parents. (My husband can not go with us).

We have sailed a lot and I thought this would be pretty easy but it isn't. The TA I have used in the past (though not last year) has not been jumping through the computer to help me. I guess business is good.

I think I need a new TA which is not helping.....

We are done with characters (Disney) for the year. We just spent 7 nights at WDW for Spring Break and went on the DCL Magic in August. We have been on 5 DCL cruises, a few CCL cruises, 2 Princess cruises and 1 RCI cruise but it was a short "mommy's only cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas". So we are not new to crusining but new to RCI and wanted to maybe see something new.....

So here are my questions. Carnival is out no way. Not for us the last time we went on CCL was August 2005 on the Glory when the DCL Magic was sailing out of L.A. and that was our option never again.

We loved the Caribbean Princess but once again same old ports the eastern or the western. The Crown Princess looks great but is expensive.......

I know RCI or Princess would be a great choice (I have never sailed NCL)......our plan is to get a suite if the ship has a cabin/suite that sleeps 5 people or 1 balcony and a inside cabin across from it. In August we had 2 balcony's next to each other and I spent the whole time on my parents balcony and since I am taking my boys alone we will spend more time in my parents cabin.

Or we can get 2 balcony's. I have never had an inside cabin and thought makes me feel a little boxed in..... The other issue is my mom is disabled and on the DCL Magic they have a great cabins for the disabled. It had the wheel in shower, hand bars in the bathrooms and room to leave her electric scooter to charge (she is paralyzed on one side).

Since you all are experienced RCI cruisers can you advise me on which ship may fit us and our time frame?

Please throw in any other information you have.

DC

IMO - I wouldn't do NCL. I would go for another line RCCL, Princess. We are avid cruisers and extremely disappointed in NCL - went on Dawn w/ friends. Look below at my previous cruises - it was our most expensive and least favorite.

I believe the 8/28 princess sailing out NY had some amazing pricing for summer. Usually that week is a few hundred cheaper. Good luck.

I book strictly on the www.rccl.com site. I always seem to find what I'm looking for ... and more :rolleyes: Or you can call their agent #, they're always very helpful. My RCCL Agent is Meryl and she's fantastic ! !

Also, how long are you looking for, and where would you like to go?

Good luck, I'm sure RCCL will have what you need ;)

Agree with previous post that it depends on how long and where you want to go. RCCL has lots of options for July and Aug. I usually go on the website, find a cruise I like then call RCCL directly and book. I find that they do not list all the available staterooms on line. We like the GS on the Voyager class, GS1324. It has a larger balcony because it is on the edge of the hump. I find they don't often list this one on the website, but it's always there when I call directly:) . Also, atlhough the internet is great, I like to speak with a real person sometimes:o I think the GS is great for us since we are only 3, but for a larger family 2 cabins may be better because there is an extra bathroom. I'm sure if you look over the website and call RCCL you will find something you like.

As you can see we've cruised the Mariner & Enchantment. The wheelchair rooms on both of these cruises are just out of this world! They are SO spacious! We had OV rooms both times & were just tickled pink at the sizing! As for inside. We cruised Carnival three weeks ago & got our first inside cabin. It was very small compared to what we are used to on Royal but we didn't feel boxed in like you said you thought you might feel. It was very dark at night & boy did I sleep good! When we got back I was curious to know if Royal's accessible inside rooms were as small but they are not. They advised all of their accessible cabins are 240-245 sq ft.

I would definitely check out the Mariner to see if the itinerary is to your liking. It is a GREAT ship! It was the best cruise we've been on by far!

In order to find a handicapp accessible room, you will need to call RCI directly. They never list them on the webpage, and you can tell them choices of where you would like to go (hope you have decided that!) and they can tell you if there are any of the limited number of HA cabins left. Then go from there, to find a room close by for you and DSs. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I was not sure if I would get some sarcastic posts since I have not done my home work but am asking for help. I am such a "type A" person but we have a lot going on and apparently I need a new TA. I have used him for many trips and cruises and he basically sent me a reply to my email today that said unless I had a specific cruise he did not have the time to look for me at my wide search and he said RCI (Mariner) which I inquired about would be too expensive and to go with the Caribbean Princess. Which we love that ship but come on.....so I will check out RCI web site. I am afraid I am booking to late but I can try.

It will be between Princess and RCI. I want my boys to have fun and they are not brats bc being a Mother I can say I can not stand "cruise brats" but not to get off topic.

We have been to Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize, Nassau, Freeport, every private island in the Bahama's area, Freeport, St. Thomas U.S.V.I. (my favorite), St. Martin, Ocho Rios, Key West etc..

Even though I wanted to go to more "eastern islands" that will have to wait until we can do an adults only vacation.

So we can no leave later than mid August bc my sons start back to school 8/27/07.

My Mom wants to see something new (she and my Dad have only been on DCL to ST. Thomas, St. Martin, Key West, Cozumel, Nassau, Castaway Cay and Grand Cayman.

Tendering is hard for her since she must use a wheelchair but I think just going on a cruise will be good for her. It gives her something to look forward to and being disabled she spends a lot of time reading on her balcony or playing bingo etc.

I also meant to add we want no less than a 7 night cruise.

Any other advice let me know and once again thank you!

DC

DC#1 -

Check out Adventure of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas.

I'm sure you'll find something ... maybe two room (1 inside, 1 balcony)

Give the RCCL # a call ... I'm sure they would be more than happy to take the time and go through some options with you ;)

Good Luck ! !

If you decide to do RCI, just call and book it yourself. Then, you won't have to deal with a TA at all. Both Voyager class and Radiance class ships are great!

Or you can find a TA who will be able to match you and your needs with the appropriate ship and may even be able to ask or answer questions that you haven't even thought of. He or she might even find you a better deal on one cruise line rather than another (that won't happen if you call just one line and deal directly with them).

However, you choose to book your cruise, have a wonderful time.

Archived