Peter the great lately?

lovetocruise99

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had been able to post sooner, but here is what our experience was with going through "Peter the Great".

Not so great, for one matter, Peter does not conduct the tours, he is simply the guy who tries to fill the tour. You are passed on to another boat owner, Anthony, and his two mates. Second word of warning, they will make you wait until they have a full boat before you depart for the tour. They actually put us on the boat, left the dock, went in a circle, and back to the dock to get more people, all in an effort to make us think we were actually going somewhere after making us all wait for a very long time. Once we were finally underway we were told that we had to wait for a drink of water, or anything for that matter, until we arrive at our first stop in town, Anthony had to go buy drinks. We arrive and you have to scale a very high (step) wall to get off the boat, no ladder there. once in town we had to sit in a hot bus waiting on two people on the tour to go to the bank! Now I guess we are part of a taxi service. Mind you, the more delay, the less time you have for the tour.

The driver of our bus never gave us info on the island or where we were going or how long we had to stay there. At the falls he even took off on us, and we were left there waiting for 20 minutes after the other tour bus in our group left.

When we finally got back to the boat to go to the snorkel/ beach, we were allowed a beverage. Not knowing that there would not be enough for everyone, we paced our self drinking, we were very thirsty, but didn't want to drink too much too fast and get sick. Next thing we know there were no more drinks! NO water, beer, nothing!!! The entire trip Anthony kept saying he would provide all we wanted to drink! I would have bought my own, but this was supposed to be part of the tour price!!!

Due to all the delays during the day, we did not have a lot of time to snorkel.

We will NOT be using "Peter the Great" or his friends for our next tour at St. Lucia. We felt very misled, and thirsty to boot!

Okay, here's my thoughts on Peter the Great. We were very lucky in that Peter actually guided our tour and did a great job. The boat driver was his brother Stanley. Peter is funny, full of energy and a great person to be with for the day. We booked by internet and got a definite time to leave the dock at 10:00 am. At 10 we loaded the boat, which was full by this time and took off. The tour along the coastline is beautiful and well worth the money. We cruised in close to the Pitons and were able to take as many pictures as we needed to. In Soufriere, we loaded into vans (unairconditioned so be forewarned) and headed to the volcano. As with the above post, we also sat parked in a stifling hot van at the bank for 10-15 minutes. The van is crowded so it's not like you can hop out and get some air. I greatly enjoyed the tour but this part of it needs to go away. I realize that people who lived on the islands don't use air conditioning as much as we do, but we were about to expire in the back of the van. I seriously wouldn't leave my puppy thirty seconds in a van that hot.

We visited the volcano which was interesting then headed over to the falls for a dip. We were given plenty of time at each stop to see everything. We then went by van back to the boat and headed to the beach which was very nice for swimming. Peter handed out a cooler full of beer, soft drinks, water and rum punch on the way back. Peter joined in with us at the beach, doing back flips off the boat and even spending time trying to teach my daughter to snorkel.

We felt the tour was well worth the $50 per person and so much better than spending the day in a van going around curvy roads. My husband said it was his favorite excursion of the cruise out of four total, including the very expensive Eli's ecotour in Antigua.

The key seems to be Peter. If he is on the boat you'll have a wonderful time guaranteed.

Archived