Thank Goodness

Well, the good news is that there is a low probability he infected anyone as he is not coughing, but...

His father-in-law works for the CDC studying TB. If I were a personal injury lawyer and was told by my doctors that I had TB and not to travel, the first person I would consult would be my future father-in-law that I know has expertise regarding the disease. The father-in-law claims he was unaware of the diagnosis. Not sure I'm buying, but really!

Intelligent people not using the brains they were given in this case.

Jen

I'm just watching his interview with Diane Sawyer ... there's a lot more to this story. This "poor guy" and his father have taped interviews with doctors where they were told that they shouldn't travel. Why would you TAPE an interview unless you're expecting trouble later? Good grief --- cancel the darned wedding in Greece and get married here. Then they decided to fly to Montreal because they knew they were on the no-fly list.

My uncle lived with TB for decades and even though he was not contagious, he still had to spend months in a sanitorium on several occasions. It's not a nice disease to have.

I think I'd switch "poor guy" for "incredibly stupid and selfish man".

My "poor guy" comment was actually sarcasm. I dont' feel for him one bit. I feel for the people who sat next/near him on the planes. And all the people he came in contact with on his trek across Europe. Some may never even know.

Now i hear he is saying he was told something like he "shouldn't" travel" not "stay home".

Self centered idiot. Think only of myself. Seems to be a growing trend lately.

Archived