Sapphire Princess, Fjordland Park, Questions

farm girl

This is probably a crazy question, but can anyone tell me what is included in the cruise around Fjordland National Park? Does it happen to include Milford or Doubtful Sound? I need to know because I really want to see Milford Sound. I would think this ship is too big to go in very far but I don't know.

Thank You

I was on the Diamond Princess, which is a sister ship to the Sapphire. We went into Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound. I personally loved the Fjiordlands. Everything so green and beautiful. If you have ever been to Alaska and cruised the Inside Passage the two are comparable. Maybe a tad bit more beautiful in the Fjiordlands.

yes, you sepnd the whole day crusing through several sounds. there a commentary also if on deck. it was very wet, windy and miserable when we were there in april but so scenic, you didnt want to miss a minute. Plus they had had a lot of rain prior so the waterfalls were running.

We were on Sapphire in March...as others have said, we spent all day cruising in and out of the various sounds (Milford, Doubtful, and others) It was spectacular (and we've been to Glacier Bay, etc. in Alaska)...a pod (is that the right term?) of porpoises accompanied us part of the way, very close to the ship. The commentary on deck was excellent as was the lecture the day before...really helped us to appreciate what we were seeing. Our weather was misty and cool but it just seemed to add to the beauty of the area...and when the sun did break through, it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived