After Final Payment . . . . .

Lovely_Star

You should be able to obtain a price drop before final payment with no problem, especially if you booked direct with Princess and that is where you see the price decrease. After final payment date, that becomes a little more sticky and is very hard to do.

Did you see the price decrease on the Princess website? Or did you book through a TA and find it somewhere else?

If there are many unsold cabins on your sailing, Princess will offer 'flash promotions' that will be ear marked 'for new bookings only' most of the time, which means if you are already booked, you would have to cancel and rebook to get the better deal, therefore falling into the penalty for cancelling.

Doesn't the price drop significantly after final payment? TIA :)
They can remain the same and in many cases these past few years even go up. It will depend on the cruise and how well it has booked.

Are we still eligible for any price drops or is it that we are only eligible for price adjustments up until the time that final payment is due? Doesn't the price drop significantly after final payment? TIA :)

So if you want to "sign up" for the post final payment price drop, will you also accept any price increase ? :confused:

Very seldom does it happen for existing bookings, .........and it is usually noted that the new price is only for new bookings. ;)

You should be able to obtain a price drop before final payment with no problem, especially if you booked direct with Princess and that is where you see the price decrease. After final payment date, that becomes a little more sticky and is very hard to do.

Did you see the price decrease on the Princess website? Or did you book through a TA and find it somewhere else?

If there are many unsold cabins on your sailing, Princess will offer 'flash promotions' that will be ear marked 'for new bookings only' most of the time, which means if you are already booked, you would have to cancel and rebook to get the better deal, therefore falling into the penalty for cancelling.

No, I haven't noticed any recent price drops, I was just wondering what would happen if the rates did in fact drop after final payment. I just assumed that they would drop significantly because around that time people opt out, cancel or are unable to make final payment and they need to fill the vacancies so I wanted to know if we would be eligible if it did.

Star- your assumptions are not true in some cases (I can't say how many).

First, sailings are SOLD OUT (see other threads). There are waitlists.

Next., some cruisings are actually OVERBOOKED. That was the case in my March cruise. Princess contacted many on my sailing to get us to rebook or change cabins.

Last, Pricess can go up. Desirable cabins are gone.

I have seen all of the above.

Archived