Cruising on princess - know what a Roll Call is?

bjkTX

For those of us that spend a bit of time on the boards it's old news, but several new people said they had never heard the term "Roll Call" or what it means - so they certainly wouldn't do a search for it. I know we've had the topic come up before - but thought I'd do it again.

There is a section here on CC just for Roll Calls - where you can look for your ship and your sailing date and meet up with some of the folks you'll be cruising with - before you actually go. Just go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

and look for your ship, then your cruise dates.

In many cases the "Roll Call" group will among other things share travel plans, excursion ideas, and plan a group meeting or two for when you get on the cruise. On the Roll Call for my next cruise some of our cruise mates are working with hotels at both ends of the cruise to get a group discount for those of us that plan to go in early before we leave, or stay a few days at the last location.

Our next cruise is still 11 months away and we have 50+ on our Roll Call - that means over 1,900 haven't found us yet (or don't read CC - shame!).

Find your Roll Call - it's fun, and you'll have friends waiting for you when you get on board!

Wonder how many rules I broke...... :-)

Great job of explaining what a roll call is & where to find the one that matches one's cruise!!

Something that had me confused when I first signed on to Cruise Critic was that people kept on referring to "threads." Another term was "OP." I'm still not quite sure what OP stands for. But I do thank you bjkTX for being the "OP" for this "thread.":)

OP = original poster

Of course, maybe the 1900 people not on your roll call have never heard of CC. Before my last cruise, I didn't know about the boards. I was trying to find out info about sailing to Hawaii, came here and other places, found the boards and decided to ask questions.

Hi There,

It happens with all groups that some one new arrives and asks the same old boring question that has been asked a 100 times, the measure of how good the group is, is in the way they take the time to assist the new member, too many folk forget that they were once a virgin. It is good to go over old topics again, bring new ideas to old points of view. To many here are quick to tell others that they should know better, have searched the boards etc.

This board is an excellant place to gain information and hear others points of view, you do not need to agree with them, but atleast on this side of the pond we still allow free speech.

So when some one asks a for assistance even if appears silly to you, we should help if we can, as so many good folk here already do.

yours Shogun

Archived