Island Prime Restaurant

shellseeker

Hi,

We're thinking about this restuarant for our pre-night cruise dinner and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it. I did do a search in this forum and the restuarant was mentioned but I'm looking for a little more information. I understand it's a little expensive but if the food and view is worth it then price won't concern me all that much.

We're staying at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina so this would be nice and close for us.

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks much!

LuAnn

Hi,

We're thinking about this restuarant for our pre-night cruise dinner and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it. I did do a search in this forum and the restuarant was mentioned but I'm looking for a little more information. I understand it's a little expensive but if the food and view is worth it then price won't concern me all that much.

We're staying at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina so this would be nice and close for us.

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks much!

LuAnn

Hi LuAnn

It is pricey but the food is good and the view is a fantastic one (on the water) overlooking the San Diego skyline. Audit your bill carefully, though. I ordered a steak and it was too rare and sent it back to be cooked a little more. They charged me for 2 steaks at $30 each!

On another site I visit a lot of people here in San Diego go to Island Prime and just rave about it.

I don't know when you are going on your cruise. But for all of you that may cruise in Dec./Jan. here is some info. San Diego has 2 restaurant week promos during that part of the year. All the really fancy restaurants have great deals for set meals. Anywhere from $20.00 to $40.00pp. You could google San Diego Restaurant week and probably get information toward the end of the year.

Island Prime is very good and a little pricey; it is one of the Cohn group of restaurants here in San Diego, all good and innovative. This one is on an old renovated ferry at the end of Harbor Island, and they spent almost 2 years renovating from its previous generation restaurant. There is also another part called C Level which is less pricey and the food tends more to pastas, appetizers, etc.:) :)

Island Prime is NOT on the old Ruben E. Lee. It is in the location on a pier over the water on the southeast end of Harbor Island that used to be Charlie Brown's. The old Ruben E. Lee is still empty. It does have good food and a great view though.

It probably is the best restaurant on Harbor Island. Tom Ham's Lighthouse has recently been renovated, but I have found the food there uninspiring, although the view is nice.

If you want to go a little further afield, then I could recommend the Fish Market (near Seaport Village) for another great view and good food. Upstairs is more expensive than downstairs.

Archived