just back from Majesty of the seas 5-28 thru 6-1

This was our first cruise on the MOS having been on both Radiance and Jewel of the Seas I had mixed feelings about going on MOS. By Cruise end all those mixed feelings were gone and had a great time.

Impressions of the ship... Nicely layed out and easy to navigate around. Even with the refrubishements you can tell it is an older ship but the areas that have be redone shined.. Marketplace, Compass, Sorentos, Johnny Rockets, Boleros were all great. New bedding was great..

What I liked the best about MOS was the staff in all the years of cruising I would be hard pressed to find a staff that was so friendly, helpful and so customer oriented. There was not a place we went that the staff did not use our names. The staff for us made the cruise.

Dining room- good food and great service and we also had contact with the maitre D every day. He stopped over to our table every evening. Waitstaff was excellent and the food was good.

Marketplace- nicely layed out there is also a buffet station the continues in the back we did not find that until day 3. Less crowded. Never had a problem finding a table. We went upstairs where Sorrentos was and it was easy to find seating there.

Sorrentos did not use but always saw fresh pizza being made.

Compass Deli- Nice area food is free but you do have to pay for beverages. Sandwiches were good but on the bland side. Reminds me of the Seaview cafe on the Radiance. Hours seemed to be to short.

Johnny Rockets- we had no intentions of going there but when we came back from Key West we decided to use our Crown and Anchor coupon there and we were sure glad we did. What a fun place. The waitstaff there are fantastic. They dance, do little magic tricks and interact with the customers. There is alot of energy in JR's and it should not be missed..

Liked Boleros the group Synergy was great but this is there last trip. They will be working in New Jersey for the Donald.

The Schooner bar(sorry not sure of spelling) was not as nice as the one on the Radiance and Jewel.

We went by Fuel and the Living room which is a teen place it was very nice area for the teens.

Chorus line theatre-again the theatre is not as nice as the Radiance and Jewel but the production shows and entertainers were great. I have to mentioned the Cruise Director Abe. Super guy with loads of personality you can tell he loves his job.

Crown and Anchor Party- Yes folks there was one and it was the best I have ever been to. The Cabin and his staff were present and mingle with all of us. Had great appetizers and cocktails as well as entertainment. The captain on his talk mentioned he wanted to take the Crown and Anchor party and kick it up a notch and boy did they ever...

Sam the Loyalty ambassador was super and very helpful.

Cabins-As most know these are small cabins and was ready for it, but by the second day we no longer paid attention to how small they were and only were there to shower and sleep. new bedding was nice so was the flat screen TV. Cabin Stewart always kept our room clean.

I did not mention the ports since we done them all ready. Cococay is always nice. Nassau is Nassau and Key West is always fun.

Would we do MOS again....in a heartbeat. The staff is what makes this ship hum as I mentioned it all the cruises we took we never had a staff that was so great overall. Our waiter summed it best when we asked him how long he has been on MOS. He told us 8 years and only on MOS because this was his family...That pretty well sums it up.

Thanks for the info we will be leaving Monday and we are really looking forward to it. Did they have lunch service in the dining room? When we were on the Brillance they did and it was great.

Thanks for the info we will be leaving Monday and we are really looking forward to it. Did they have lunch service in the dining room? When we were on the Brillance they did and it was great.

Yes, the Windjammer was open for lunch as well as Sorrentos Pizza.

Thanks for the nice review. We're going on July 7th for our honeymoon and I can't wait to see the sights :) Do you know who will replace Synergy?

They did not say who will be replacing them. They are a great group and will be missed. The captain and his staff presented them with a gift and each a bottle of Champagne at the crown and Anchor party.

Thanks for your honest review of the ship. My DD & I are booked for the New Years Eve cruise this Dec. Was a bit concerned about it being a smaller ship and we like the Voyager series best. But from everything I've read, most have been very happy with MOS. Looking forward to it even more now, thanks!

Thanx for you review... We are going on Nov 12th and I too was concerned as we just went on Freedom..... But smaller is sometimes better and it sounds like the staff really makes this ship.....We needed a short get away and booked while on board Freedom....

Thanx for you review... We are going on Nov 12th and I too was concerned as we just went on Freedom..... But smaller is sometimes better and it sounds like the staff really makes this ship.....We needed a short get away and booked while on board Freedom....
As I mentioned we have only been on Radiance class of ships, so was a bit concerned about MOS and if you have been on Voyager class there is a large difference, the cabins are small and in some areas of the ship it does feel a little dated but there is much to do on MOS and the staff are so customer oriented it just knocked us out. We really enjoyed Chops and not having an alternative restaurant on the ship we thought we would miss it and we did not. I had trouble figuring out who was our waiter and who was the assistant waiter they were that good and service was flawless. I would not hesitate to take MOS again.. I do not remember the captain name but he was very visable on our cruise. And we had the best crown and Anchor partyever. I think Royal should look at what the MOS is doing and roll it out fleet wide. Great Appetizers, wine, cocktails, entertainment and dancing in a very nice lounge and this was just a 4 day cruise!! They made everyone who attended feel special and let you know how much they appreciated us. This for us was what a great cruise is all about.

Archived