CarlaCosta

The ship was sold from Costa to the now defunct Epirotiki cruises of Greece in 1992 that named it Pallas Athena.

Due to a fire, the ship was extensively damaged and was sold for scrap in 1994.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this ship still around? Maybe under a different name? It was my first cruise and it was a beautiful ship.

That was my parent's first cruise too! My mom ended up in the ship's hospital for 3 days and still says it was her favorite cruise!:)

She was called the Carla "C" back when she was my first cruise as well. All of the Costa children had ships named after them, I believe. I remember the Italian crew and officers, the wonderful food, especially the birthday cakes and the bread with the garlic flavor. Mmm, I can still taste them. I enjoyed my first time so much that I booked her a second time.:)

Crazy - The Carla C was my first cruise - ever. My parents took me on her sometime around 1977 or 1978. We had an upgrade to a suite. Back then, a suite didn't really mean much, but we had a bigger room than most. The officers had a three day strike that kept us stuck in Curacao for three days.:confused:

Memories. Memories.

Too bad to hear she's been sold for scrap. She was a good ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Carla C was our first of 33 cruises....I hated the thought of a cruise but I gave into her demands and had the best week of my life...Can't tell you what I had for breakfast this morning but Capt. Nardini was in control of that ship and Tobia was in control of our dining table some 20 years ago....

Archived