POH/Jade Decor

aprildream

I know that POH is going into dry dock and the exterior Hawaiin decor will be painted over but what about the interior? From pictures posted by some of you who have been on the POH the decor is definately casual Island style with modern furniture and very bright colors. It doesn't sem quite right for European cruising. Anybody know?

Why is it not right for European cruises? She stays only a couple of weeks (summer) in Europe, then she will return to the warmer waters anyow! All the new ships are very colorful and uplifting. I see no need for new furniture! She will just have a "South Pacific/Asian" theme going which will fit the new name "Jade"!

Depending on how "temporary" this relocation becomes, you might expect the names of certain dining rooms to change, and some of the decor to change eventually, but not initially.

Grand Pacific restaurant is kinda hokey for a ship in the Mediterranean or Atlantic/Caribbean...

Depending on how "temporary" this relocation becomes, you might expect the names of certain dining rooms to change, and some of the decor to change eventually, but not initially.

Grand Pacific restaurant is kinda hokey for a ship in the Mediterranean or Atlantic/Caribbean...

I disagree. The Spirit's Asian decor isn't out of place in New York. It's an amazing change of pace of usual cruise ships decor Americans experience. Likewise, the Pacific decor on the Jade will be a delightful change of pace of usual cruise ship decors Europeans see.

I wondered about this when I was on the ship a little over a month ago. I thought the decor would work in a Mediterranean setting because the decor consisted mostly of ocean themes--fish, water, etc.--at least with regard to the fixtures, carpets, and other decoration that was not easily removable. Pictures and wall hangings had an Hawaii-specific theme, but they easily can (and I assume will) be replaced. My guess is that they will also change the names of the restaurants.

Archived