Do they do hair braiding on the ships, specifically the Conquest?

pebblesjns

Guess that depends on what kind of hair braiding you are talking about. They have a salon that does hair, and it probably does do braids. However if you are talking about the type of braids that you get from street vendors in ports with all the beads and such, I didn't see any of that on the Conquest. Maybe someone else here has seen it though.

Cozumel is much cheaper than Jamaica. DD did this in Jamaica and they charged $2 a braid. Not bad right? I can't beleive how many teeny tiny braids they did and the total cost was almost $100!!!! And it Wasn't even the whole head!! I complained and she said "pay your conciuos". UGH!!! She did it in Mexico and the same top only 'do was around $25.

I've often thought some African American passengers should set up shop on the lido deck and just braid hair, they would certainly pay for their cruise and it would be much cheaper too.

...............:eek: ..........

I've often thought some African American passengers should set up shop on the lido deck and just braid hair, they would certainly pay for their cruise and it would be much cheaper too.

For future reference, that's offensive.

For the same reason that they do not go to a local mall and just set up a booth. You would have to pay the mall a lease to operate a business there, same thing with a cruise ship, and further the vendors that the cruiselines have are endorsed by the cruiseline, and I am sure that Steiner would be very unhappy that CCL was allowing JC and his rastafarian dope smokers to do hair braiding on the Lido deck for 1/2 Steiner's price.

Sometimes I wonder what people who post here are smoking.:D

jc

You've just thrown an insult at an entire race of people, your OWN race! And you wonder why people find your posts so questionable? :eek: :rolleyes:

If so, do you know how much it costs? It would be much easier to do it on the ship instead of at a port.

DD used to get this done.

$40 In Jamaica (on Atlantica cruise)

$30 in Costa Maya (on liberty cruise)

At the time of these cruises the ship would have charged her $70.

Also she had the flowered beads done in costa maya so that was a good deal

I don't know how to use the symbols here, but the remark was made totally tongue in cheek. Surely everybody knows that nobody would set up shop on a ship or would even want to on their vacation.

I respond to lots of threads and this posting earned the remark of somebody saying that's why I get questionable responses. Gee whiz, some of the things you guys say to one another leaves me shaking my head in amazement. I pride myself on never making denigrating remarks or using put downs. I wish everybody here could make the same assertions. In addition I have made the vow never to post another thread, even though there are countless questions that come to mind, even though some are very random, but I don't want to be accused of starting a provocative discussion.

I don't know how to use the symbols here, but the remark was made totally tongue in cheek. Surely everybody knows that nobody would set up shop on a ship or would even want to on their vacation.

That's kinda not the big issue. The primary issue is the implication that the African-American passengers that you see on the ship must know how to braid hair. Lots of people are very skilled at braiding hair, it's not a genetic skill. Add that on to the idea that these particular passengers should then forego their vacation, that they paid for just as everyone else, in order to provide a service. If you wanted to be "tongue in cheek" you could have simply said "I've often thought that some passengers should braid hair on the lido deck".

But as I was told earlier "You (picklebongo) [got] it, you don't need to be told more than once" so please understand that my statement is not an attack on you, but rather a clarification of my initial comment.

Well being black I would have to say you folks are cheap. We had daughters hair done this week and it was wy more then 70.00 and took a little bit over 3 hours to get it done .

I think (can I say white hair) is very easy to braid and even though I am male I could braid your hair but would want want at least 50 a hour to do it

Edit to add

I take that back as my vaction is costing me 14.00 a hour so would want at least 75 a hour

Oh Lord...:rolleyes:

OP one thing to keep in mind when getting the braids...Lice.

DD used to get this done.

$40 In Jamaica (on Atlantica cruise)

$30 in Costa Maya (on liberty cruise)

At the time of these cruises the ship would have charged her $70.

Also she had the flowered beads done in costa maya so that was a good deal

Should have mentioned that this was for half braiding - hair left unbraided and hanging loose halfway down the scalp. Full braiding for all the hair would have been almost double

Archived