What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

For the 6/14 Imagination 4-night - $805 total for 2 people 6A GTY (assigned to 6C)

For the 10/21 Legend 7-night - $2041 total for 2 people Cat 11 (got my first wraparound balcony :D )

Both of the above were booked at the military discount rate.

What may be inexpensive to you, may be very pricey to me.

Those that do know what I am paying tell me it is a great deal, to me it is very very expensive.

For example, without giving you the price, I am sailing out of Sydney Australia on the Sapphire Princess for a 12 day cruise, and I am on the Emerald deck in an "E" category cabin, with a partially obstructed OV. L103 is 193 sf which is much larger than the E category, so thats also why it costs more besides being on a higher deck. You will love your cabin. Your ship probably doesnt have those front ones on Lido deck.

Those that have cruised that ship, on that deck have told me that an E PO OV is the best partially obstructed you can get.

I am honestly wondering what each of you would deem a good price for this cruise?

We did obstructed, but we upgraded to the Lido deck (L103 obs OV), there are 4 obstructed on some of the ships, like the Caribbean Princess that face forward, rather than take one of the obstructed on Emerald deck they set aside for us last January and they quoted to us something like $849 for our cabin, which I think we got a little cheaper, but not a lot. And that was only for 7 days, but we especially wanted those cabins and they really added to our cruise.

I think what is cheap vs expensive depends so much on the airfare and if you can do it with a combination of transportation to the port combined with the cruise price you have to take it all together.

I know to do either Alaska or Panama it will be an expensive trip for two to the ports from Texas vs. a cruise I can go out of Texas on, that anything out of Texas seems like such a bargain, but I have to only do a few of the cruises where I have to get to another coast.

We are going on the Miracle on 12/1 to Panama, Beliza and Costa Rica. We booked very early (almost 11 months in advance) and booked at a rate of $579/pp for an inside room before taxes. I think it came out to $615/pp. That same cruise is now listed at $799/pp for an inside room. BOY am I glad we booked early!!!! Still waiting on possible upgrades and deals.

Sailing Valor, July 29th booked a suite - $2,500 for two, which includes all taxes, etc. Airfare was $157 pp roundtrip non-stop from DCA :cool: Happy Anniversary to my husband cause he has no clue :D.

PVPs (personal vacation planners) work for Carnival. Since your deposit is fully refundable up to a certain number of days before the cruise, they will match any price reduction or special from the time you book your cruise to the date when final payment is due. Periodically, I'll go into travelocity.com and check prices for the category I'm booking. If that price is lower than the one I have, I'll drop an e-mail to my PVP and get a response and price reduction/upgrade within 24 hours. I suppose TAs would do the same. I feel more comfortable doing this with my PVP. She's great and quick.

i have used the same ta for 6-7 years and never once gave me anything once i put the down payment down. thats why i am looking into a pvp and this website,i'm just fed up with paying out the yaknow...

also she would not let me use my seamiles:mad: i assume a pvp will let you use seamiles:confused:

Are travelocity's prices in USD?

I think so. They may also translate to other currencies.

I don't feel badly about using Travelocity's prices and then bringing them to my PVP. I give Travelocity enough business. Also, according to Carnival, the prices are the same. Sometimes Travelocity will throw in freebies. But like someone wrote about their TAs, I'm not sure how flexible Travelocity is with price reductions. So, I stick with my PVP. She's great.

Aww I guess our cruise is expensive compared to others.

I wouldnt compare yours in a completely different country to one out of Florida and feel that way.

I really would much rather be on your cruise, I have a online friend in Australia I want to stop off and see. If its a special place, then go for it, and be happy knowing you did the best you could on the price for that cruise.

The travelocity prices were quite a bit higher than what our TA got us, even more so if they are in US funds!

I dont know a way to get travelocity in foreign currency, so Im guessing it shows in US funds to everyone. See you did get a good deal if the price has gone up.

What currency are trying to compare, that could make a big difference.

You may want to check with your pvp on that one. Looks like a price drop for IS to $599 pp for that guarantee. 100 bucks is 100 bucks.

I was just looking at alternatives for my 8-day eastern carib cruise next april and noticed that the price difference on the older ships is huge. I could save $1,000 for my family by doing the 7-day eastern carib cruise on an older ship. That's a lot of cash just for the pleasure of going on the Liberty. I could even get a suite and save money. But I liked the Liberty (did the 6-day Western) and maybe it would be a letdown going on an older ship. Tough choice.

I just checked and it is still $699pp, Are you looking at the January 5, 2008 cruise?

Had me all excited there for a minute! :p That would had been $600 total for all of us! Thanks though!

From Pt. Everglades FL - Western Carib. 6 day Liberty

Category 8E Lido deck

3 pax $1937.00 w/tax/port chg/travel Ins.:)

#1PatsFan,

8E would be Panorama Deck, not Lido. Lido is 8D. CHeck and make sure which cat you're paying for; ya might get a price reduction. ;)

Thanks for the info. On my email confirmation from my T/A the stateroom is listed as a 8H Balcony Lido cabin# 9265. When I go on the Carnival site I can't find any category 8H ???? We originally booked an 8A Gty and on the one day sale in May upgraded to this category

I paid $512 for a 5 day cruise on the Fascination for 2 people, inside cabin that I picked, western Caribbean....that price was for BOTH of us and included all fees and taxes.....I couldn't stay home for THAT price! ;)

I paid $512 for a 5 day cruise on the Fascination for 2 people, inside cabin that I picked, western Caribbean....that price was for BOTH of us and included all fees and taxes.....I couldn't stay home for THAT price! ;)

what was the itinerary? that is a great deal even if it stayed in port:D

Thanks for the info. On my email confirmation from my T/A the stateroom is listed as a 8H Balcony Lido cabin# 9265. When I go on the Carnival site I can't find any category 8H ???? We originally booked an 8A Gty and on the one day sale in May upgraded to this category

#1PatsFan,

Dunno. I've never seen an 8H on Liberty before. :o

what was the itinerary? that is a great deal even if it stayed in port:D

Miami/Cozumel/Key West/Miami

Archived