Mix and match

LindaKE

I've seen posts where the poster planned to take a minimum of 2 outfits for each day of the cruise. For people who don't want to pack so much, how do you work mix and match outfits? For example, if you packed one pair of black slacks and one khaki, what would you pack for tops? Same question for shorts and skirts.

Almost every top I bring can be worn w/ every other bottom I bring. Traveling I tend to stick to black, white, red & khaki & build from there.

Lay out the bottoms on your bed & put each top over each bottom. If something doesn't work each time, it goes back in the closet. If it works, it gets packed.

For the informal nights I have packed a black sheath dress and a red sheath dress both sleeveless. I plan on wearing a black and white sheer blouse over the black dress with tons of silver jewelry. On another night I am going to wear a black sweater with pearls sewed onto the sweater. I can put it on my shoulders or wear it if it gets cold. I also plan on wearing the black pearl sweater with a pair of linen black and white polka dot capris with black and white accessories. The black and white sheer shirt I will wear with a black linen skirt and a black tank. The red dress I will wear with a beautiful tropical silk red shirt I got last year on sale. I will also wear it on another night with a blue red and white floral scarve, and pin it on my shoulder with a rhinestone flag heart pin. My sister gave me a beaded flag purse and I will use that that evening. I really think that putting separates together and mixing and matching is so much fun. It lets your creative juices kick into high gear. :)

While I admire you mix and matchers for your creativity and your resourcefulness, I couldn't do it. I love clothes way too much and a multitude of choices adds to my enjoyment. To each her own! I know we'll have a great time.

Hi

I do the mix n' match thing in 3 colors.....tan, olive green and black. All my tops (tank, knit, and blouses) are in tan , black or green. 3 skirts -black flowered, green, green/tan with flowers. 2 pairs of shorts...tan, green.Tan shoes, black shoes. Green capris, black capris. Black slacks, green slacks.

Not real colorful but easy to pull an outfit together!...I leave the colors for formal nights (red cocktail dress, plum-colored gown).

My next cruise is to Hawaii, so I'll be throwing in a couple of brightly-colored sundresses (red flowerered, blue flowered)

Aloha

Cindy

Archived