Memphis Members with Crystal Cruises Advice

Exec Libra

I am booked on a transatlantic Nov 2008 from Lisbon to Miami. Curious as to whether there will be a FOD gathering since crossings seem to be popular.

It would be nice to have new friends to share cocktails with in the Avenue saloon aboard the Serenity.

Looking forward to the responses you get.

Tom

Have you already sailed Crystal?

It will be a first time for me........have sailed Regent but not Crystal. A crossing....that many days at sea should prove to be very interesting. Hope the cute bartenders have a good sense of humor for those long evenings. A good piano bar atmosphere and I will be a happy camper.

Dinning is a concern...fixed seating.......its been a while since I have been assigned to a table for the duration of a cruise let alone one longer than 7 days.

If you go witha group you should have a great time.

Tom,

Was on a Italian/French Riviera cruise on The Serenity last Fall. A review is posted if you're interested. Saw several gay couples and yes, the staff is very easy on the eyes as well; though they are forbidden from socializing with pax they are allowed to date one another. Made me want to don a uniform.

Chuck-

when I started this ship addiction I was in the Military. Wearing a dress blue uniform on ship on formal night made all those rules about the crew not mixing....go over board. In fact I have never seen those rules enforced, but realize they exist. The purser on the Rhapsody of the Seas told me about the POTW discussion the first night out on each cruise. Thats passenger of the week discussion at the crew bar. Yes they discuss us like we discuss the crew. I have had the pleasure of meeting some great ship crew and staff in the past.......socially, intimately, romantically. Memories, not seedy ones that I cherish.

I look forward to my Crystal crossing to experience the ship, the overall Crystal product, meeting fellow passengers and the crew. Should be a great time at sea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chuck,

To answer your question, this is only my second cruise. The last was on a Carnival ship also. Carnival's Elation only had two FOD gatherings and I was the only one present at both of them, so not much gathering was done. lol

I hope that I have better luck meeting other guys on this cruise. It would be nice have some more family there to meet.

Charlie

sexy photo...

Guess you had the Crystal crew look'in coming and going.

Looking forward to the Serenity.

What will be interesting will be getting off the Serenity after that many days at sea....unpack at home and 2 weeks later drive to Ft lauderdale for the inaugural of the Solstice. All this after just moving into my new home...if things go as planned. Should be a hectic year but exciting.

Crystal Serenity....so many days at sea...hope there will be enough to keep me busy. Gym in the morning, brunch, pool side afternoon, take a steam, dress for pre dinner cocktails, dinner, after dinner drink, nighty night. repeat, repeat, repeat.

Hope the gym is a good one.....need the exercise.

Did you ever see the movie An affair to remember with Cary Grant......

Ah, a romance at sea.....walks on deck, dinner and a bottle of wine....holding hands topside watching our approach into a port of call.

Yes a romantic at heart.

I can dream cant I?

But a good gym for a morning 2 hour work out.....will suffice.

Tom

Archived