Summitt Refurbishments?

cokies

Summit is scheduled to get it's upgraded bedding installed gradually during this June and July. These are the better mattresses, fancy duvets, and pillows; found on the new RCL ships, and which are going in fleetwide at Celebrity.

Her next dry dock isn't scheduled until next spring. So the only refurbishments, since her last dry dock, have been repairs for the normal wear and tear that occurs.

For example, we just disembarked from her on 5/12/07. The carpeting in our Celebrity Suite had been changed a few weeks prior to our sailing. But, that wasn't the case on an overall basis. Major refurbishments, like I believe you are asking about, mainly occur during dry docks.

Sunspot, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't find anything that would ruin a passengers vacation. But, again, it depends on how critical one wants to be. There were some balcony railings that coulnd have used a fresh coat of varnish, or a lounge chair who's fabric was a little worn, but from my aspect those are minor things. The critical aspects that concern me are (1) quality of service and (2) dining quality. Those were as good as ever.

We certainly hope the June/July change over in bedding is in fact a done deal ! We are doing Hawaii in October, and would really love to see the new bedding !

If it isn't in place, we'll just smile and be thankful we are on a beautiful ship cruising !! ;) :D ;)

Summit is scheduled to get it's upgraded bedding installed gradually during this June and July. These are the better mattresses, fancy duvets, and pillows; found on the new RCL ships, and which are going in fleetwide at Celebrity.

Her next dry dock isn't scheduled until next spring. So the only refurbishments, since her last dry dock, have been repairs for the normal wear and tear that occurs.

For example, we just disembarked from her on 5/12/07. The carpeting in our Celebrity Suite had been changed a few weeks prior to our sailing. But, that wasn't the case on an overall basis. Major refurbishments, like I believe you are asking about, mainly occur during dry docks.

How was Your Cruise? we sail 6/15 from Seward. Thanks for any response.

Archived