Saint John, NB Question????

I will be visiting Saint John, NB in July with my 78 year old mom who uses a rollator. I am having a hard time finding information as to weather she will be able to enjoy some of the sites. Most of the listed Carnival excursions don't appear that they can accomodate her.

Will she be able to view the Reversing Falls without having to climb stairs or will she be able to use the Pedway at the market without using an escallator and so forth. :confused:

Any ideas???? Thanks in advance.

I will be visiting Saint John, NB in July with my 78 year old mom who uses a rollator. I am having a hard time finding information as to weather she will be able to enjoy some of the sites. Most of the listed Carnival excursions don't appear that they can accomodate her.

Will she be able to view the Reversing Falls without having to climb stairs or will she be able to use the Pedway at the market without using an escallator and so forth. :confused:

Any ideas???? Thanks in advance.

The main attractions uptown are accessible to those who use a rollator. The Old City Market has a gradual ramp to entrance. The market is connected to Brunswick Sq. Shopping Centre via an underground tunnel which can be accessed by elevator. Within that mall there are elevators between floors (one a scenic glass elevator). Brunswick Sq. is connected via a pedway system to Market Square - there is an escalator on the way, however there is an elevator beside it. Once in Market Sq. there are elevators between the floors. Harbour Passage trail along the waterfront is fully accessible.

As for reversing falls - I will try and find out and post. There is an observation deck, and I'm not sure if it is accessible - although there would be viewing points from the parking lot.

Andrew

Reversing Falls has a viewing platform and I don't know if it has a ramp or not. The best I can do is give you their phone number to find out.

(506) 658-2937

Andrew

My mother is going with us on our cruise too. She uses a rollater as well and we're wondering just how many places she'll be able to access.

If I find out more information I'll share what I learn.

FYI - Just got off the phone with a very nice helpful girl at Reversing Falls who informed me that the viewing platform will not be accessible (20 steps or so) but that if you go inside the building (which is acessible) there are large windows for viewing. If you can't find where to go, just ask. One last thing, she also told me that about 1 mile further down is another point of view (not as close as the viewing platform) but very nice too that would be accessible.

Smiles!

Archived