I recommend the "Guide's Choice" hike in Juneau

Thoth

While in Juneau I took part in the "Guide's Choice" nature hike. Of the 14 roles of film that I utilized on my cruise, those of the hiking trail were the best prints. While there were 4 ships with something like 8 or 9,000 people in Juneau that day, our tour consisted of 6 tourist and one guide. Not a bad way to get away from the crowd! Holland America uses Gastineau guiding and on the 26th of July we were taken to Perseverance Trail which was rated as easy to moderate and did about 6 miles roundtrip which lasted maybe 4 hours. Perseverance is an old gold mining road with plenty of ruins and some old mine shafts . wild berrys were everywhere!

Hello and thank you for your review. I am considering this excursion for September, and I was hoping you could help me out. I think that RCCL rated this hike as difficult, and difficult being a relative term, I'm wondering what you thought about it. I am in good health and have hiked some smaller mountains in the Adirondacks, but am not really the athletic type. What were the other people in your tour like (as far as physical condition, age, etc?)

Archived