Accessible tours/excursions in S. Caribbean?

metawnny

Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for excursions in the Caribbean and came across a couple posts that list a company called medicall.net

Has anyone used them or been in contact with them. When I try to e-mail them it gets bounced back. Thanks for the help

I got a response for a company in barbados that has a wheelchair accessible coach...here is there response

"Thank you for your interest in our company. We do have coach with a wheelchair lift. Kindly note that we can only lift wheel chairs with this and not scooters. We are the local tour operator for most of the major cruise lines which visit Barbados and we only operate tours through the cruise lines. It will be best if you contact the Shore Excursion department of the cruise line you are sailing with or your Shore Excursion manager onboard. They will be happy to arrange to have the wheelchair accessible vehicle for you on a private tour or on a regular ship tour."

Does anyone know which tour they are referring to? I checked with Royal Caribbean and they don't show a handicap accessible tour. Anyone have more info on this subject?:confused:

Hey Shawna!

I've never heard of Medical.net

I also do not know which excursion this company is referring to. Kind of weird that the lift can accomodate a manual chair but not a electric???

This is what I do know.....Didn't get in contact with the disabled dept until too late to book through the cruise lines.....the cruise last year was kind of last minute. Anyway, Royal has an e-mail address for excursions for the disabled. You can e-mail them & they will give you a list along with details of options available to you. I don't know why I am just thinking of this! Sorry! I have the e-mail addy at work. Will post it here tomorrow evening.

When we were in Barbados we did a Snorkeling tour with Stephen with Thriller. I had e-mailed him & at first he said no. Emailed him a second time on accident (forgot I had asked already) & he said that he would work it out for us. He ended up taking us on a bigger boat. I assume he uses this bigger boat for fishing. Anyways, he & his "skipper" just picked dh up wheelchair & all & sat him on the back of the boat. He rode back there & watched us snorkel. When we got back to the pier they just picked him back up & set him on the pier. I am not sure if they would be able to do that with your DH. Is he in an electric chair? You can see the boat we were on in the pictures attached below my signature. They are the ones where we were snorkeling with the sea turtles. The start of them has a sign saying "welcome to barbados"

Why don't you e-mail me at home & we can discuss all of this privately. Let me know which ports you are visiting & I will see what I can find to help and vice versa

my personal e-mail is keller2@bellsouth.net

ok......give me some details! wanna know what you are going to do & whom you booked with????

We are going to Bahamas on our next cruise. I found a dolphin encounter available to disabled guest. you get to feed, pet & get a kiss from the dolphin! cool huh?

Half moon cay we are doing snorkeling kids will like that. Puerto rico doing the Rum factory tour, Grand Turk im not sure yet and St.Thomas i'm trying to do that accessible tour. I'll have enough people to help me on AB tours so its not a biggie.

How did you find the dolphin tour?

cool beans! Yeah, I've heard that the rum factory is "not" accessible so you would definitely need help. I've heard good & bad about that tour so you will have to let me know how it was.

As for Grand Turk, I believe there is a Marguaritaville right there at the port. It looks like there is plenty of shaded area & fun things to do.

I just did a search & found it on here in archives & on the web.

Hey Shawna

Someone posted the following about a "flight seeing" tour in Alaska. Thought I would share with you guys in case you didn't see it!

ERA Helicopters is the company you want to contact. You transfer to a lift and when it gets up to the helicopter, you then tansfer to the seat. You have to leave your chair behind. the folks at ERA will also help you transfer. They are great.

Archived