Millennium December 08 Booking Question

rolando

Hello all

Does anyone know why the December 2008 sailings aboard Millennium do not show up for sale on the Celebrity site, yet they are available via Travelocity and other cruise booking engines? I had my agent book a couple of cabins for us directly with Celebrity on the 12-21-08 14-day sailing in New Zealand and Australia but wondering why those sailings are not showing up online

Appears there's a gap in Millennium sailings from late Sept/October 2008 to a Hawaii cruise I found in April of 2009.

What's up?? Thanks

Rolando

I'm having the same problem. I have been entering the celebrity web page since February so I can book a December 2008 cruise in Australia. I saw a couple of weeks ago a thread here that indicated that Millenium was going to do the winter 2008 cruise of Australia. I was happy about it becuase I did this last december the Hawaii cruise in the Summit which my Family and I enjoy alot.

I called celebrity and they told me that there is no cruise avalible for December 2008 in Australia. I mentioned what I heard and they told that is not available.

I don't know if this is one of those deals that are only available through the captian club or any advance special sell for VIP people or some sort off.

I prefere to do the booking through the web page as is simple to manage the recervation after.

Any imput that people can share about this I will apraciate it.

Regards,

FRDW

Well.....I can tell you that Celebrity took all of our deposits 2 days ago and gave us cabin assignments so the cruise is definitely there. Leaves out of Aukland on the 21st of December, 2008 and ends in Sydney 14 days later (with overnight in Melbourne New Years eve and an overnight in Sydney at the end of the trip on night 14.)

We are Elite members but there are others in our group at the Classic level and they got their booking as well.

Try again with Celebrity directly or through your travel agent if you don't want to wait until it becomes available online.

Good luck. I sure wish somebody can tell us what the deal is with this.....

The Australia & New Zealand itineraries on Millennium opened for bookings approximately 2 weeks ago and aren't uploaded yet to Celebrity's website. According to my contact at Celebrity, this was a deliberate choice, so that 'loyal customers' and 'loyal travel agents' had an opportunity to block the most wanted cabins through their assigned 'certified vacation planners'. To their credit, my assigned certified vacation planner (Celebrity that is) called me (!) the day these sailings became available... I was able to snatch an aft CC b2b2b from Sydney to Vancouver :D

Best Regards,

Floris

Archived