"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

I'm sure that if it makes economic sense, RCCL will keep a seven-day itinerary ship out of Port Canaveral.

That said, Mariner seems to be full or close to it every week, so that says that there is a demand for this type of ship in Port Canaveral.

PC's proximity to the Orlando theme parks makes it a natural location.

If we do send this to RCCI I'd just like to add, I was only convinced to sail because we are 20 minutes from PC. We've sailed on Mariner twice already since last March, and I'm booking a third tomorrow. We are bringing along a family that only wants to do a cruise if they can combine it with a couple of days in Orlando (they are flying from western Canada and want to make the most of that long flight). We will continue to sail on RCCI if there is a week-long to 10 day cruise out of PC.

P.S. Would love to see the occasional Celebrity cruise through PC. I think they'd get a good crowd!

RCCL does need a larger ship. Port Canaveral is 1.5hours from my house and it is my favorite port. It is 10X better than Tampa. I do not want to drive 3-4hours to get to SoFL. I am afraid a genesis ship may be the replacement and RCCL wants to capture more family market from Disney. I think PC could handle the Sovereign(one of my favorite ships, great for last minute cruises), a Voyager Class(Mariner is my very favorite ship because of layout and aviation decor), and the Genesis. The port has more people within driving distance than So.Fla and MCO is one of the best airports to travel into.

Am very happy that we are sailing on the Mariner for our first Voyager class ship next October. We certainly like the idea of sailing from Port Canaveral - love that area and its a shorter drive from NC. A perfect solution would be for Royal Caribbean to put a Voyager/Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral that alternates 7 day itineraries like the Mariner does now AND a Radiance class ship that does 10 or 11 day cruises. We would definitely book both and sail on both regularly!

The mariner is surely moving in 09 based on rc itself, there are 2 many cruises scheduled for her in 08. the genesis may very well replace her in PC because, posted on rccl website is

(Q)Any chance a West Coast port could become the permanent home of one of the Voyager-class ships? Pat Mahoney, Los Angeles, CA

s.gif(A)It's not a matter of if, but when. With the addition of our new Freedom-class ships, and eagerly awaited Genesis-class ships, this could free up a Voyager-class ship for the West Coast market.

I REALLY hope that the genesis ship is NOT replacing mariner, its gonna be WAY 2 big way too fast!!! PC is much closer to my house and if they have to replace mariner they shouldn't go from 138,000 tons to 220,00 tons. MARINER SHOULDNT EVEN BE REPLACED! y doesnt genesis #1 just go to the west coast? then mariner can stay... maybe #2 in 2010ish can JOIN mariner in pc? now thats a good idea:D

RCCL does need a larger ship. Port Canaveral is 1.5hours from my house and it is my favorite port. It is 10X better than Tampa. I do not want to drive 3-4hours to get to SoFL. I am afraid a genesis ship may be the replacement and RCCL wants to capture more family market from Disney. I think PC could handle the Sovereign(one of my favorite ships, great for last minute cruises), a Voyager Class(Mariner is my very favorite ship because of layout and aviation decor), and the Genesis. The port has more people within driving distance than So.Fla and MCO is one of the best airports to travel into.

Well the Genesis may happen but I just can't see RCCL not home porting the Genesis in Miami with their corporate headquarters located there, after all won't the Genesis be the new showcase ship for RCCL. Another thought I believe the first of each new class has been home ported in Miami.

Well the Genesis may happen but I just can't see RCCL not home porting the Genesis in Miami with their corporate headquarters located there, after all won't the Genesis be the new showcase ship for RCCL. Another thought I believe the first of each new class has been home ported in Miami.

I agree, I just can't see Genesis in PC.

A Freedom Class makes much more sense.

Justin

Where were you last week? We did not see you on the Mariner.

Have not read the entire thread, do you think they will put a Freedom class ship here when the Genesis class ship comes out?

Tim

My bug is, we are going to have 3 identical ships sailing the three eastern ports here practically doing the same itinerary. Where is there any incentive in that? The Freedom and Liberty alternate the same routes now and when Independence comes to FLL, it will do basically the same thing. And yes, Mariner did east and west itineraries, but it was a different ship.

I hope they bring another voyager class around, or a radiance class, but I wish they would do away with one of the Freedom class ships from here.

Though, people on the threads here keep saying the caribbean desires are dying. I find that really hard to believe when they are sending their 3 biggest and newest ships here to do caribbean iten. and they sail pretty full still.

Justin

Where were you last week? We did not see you on the Mariner.

Have not read the entire thread, do you think they will put a Freedom class ship here when the Genesis class ship comes out?

Tim

Tim,

I posted a thread yesterday appoligizing.

Without going into too much detail, we had a family situation the first few days onboard.

I'm so sorry! :(

I agree. We are only about 27-29 months away from the Genesis being delivered and Pt. Canaveral has no plans in place to handle a ship this size. My guess is Miami will get both Genesis and one of the Freedom class ships makes a move to PC.

2009 is shaping up to be an interesting year as far as ship home ports...I just read another thread about the Enchantment possibly moving to Tampa or Mobile..so I ask why not put Enchantment in PC to do 5 day cruises or better yet take over the Jewel itinerary of the 6 & 8 day cruises...

Jim

We just got off the mariner and were told by our head waiter that in 2009 the first Genisis class ship would be placed in Port Canaveral. I hope not.

Tim,

I sure hope that what you were told will not happen! I was in shock when you said this to us the first time.

I am so sad about this move I cannot even begin to tell you! This really has me so upset and sad......................

There have been a lot of news stories here in Orlando recently about Port Canaveral begining to get ready to get the Genesis. Looks like we will just have to wait and see. Now stop and think about it, it almost makes sense to put it here in PC. Less cabins out of here than in Miami, that way all they have to do is sell Genesis cabins out of PC and not Genesis, Freedom, Liberty, etc etc....Business wise, it makes a lot of sense.

port can is an easy port for us to get to with a quick flt into mco and a little drive over to pc- thankfully, galveston is also the same situation for us- but mobile would be ideal with a short 3 hour drive- it will be really interesting to see what ships go where as far as port can, galveston, and mobile are concerned- we look forward to sailing from all of them and will even fly to west coast to go on mariner again - will be sad to see her move but am sure we will enjoy the other ships that will port there too-

Love the SOS an the Mariner, PC is driving distance for us, so don't want to not be able to get to a port. Hope they change there minds and leave the Mariner there

Sorry,but bookings open up tomorrow for the Mariner Mexican Riviera cruises starting Feb 22,2009.........

So, can anyone recommend a "similar to Voyager class" ship sailing for 7 nights from any Florida port for 2009? I'm assuming Carnival and Princess have something but aren't sure which are the "better" choices if trying to approximate Voyager. Thanks.

2009 is shaping up to be an interesting year as far as ship home ports...I just read another thread about the Enchantment possibly moving to Tampa or Mobile..so I ask why not put Enchantment in PC to do 5 day cruises or better yet take over the Jewel itinerary of the 6 & 8 day cruises...

Jim

Hi Jim !

Independece of the Seas is taking over Jewel's 6/8 night itineraries in late 2008. RCCL needed a larger ship to do this itinerary, as this itinerary has been selling very well. I'd be surprised if Independence moves elsewhere in 2009.

As for the possibility of Enchantment being redeployed to PC, I have to think its not very likely right now, as they seem to want her in FLL for the 4/5 night sailings when Navigator is in Europe. I think Enchantment may be going to Tampa when NAV is in FLL, but then heads back to FLL when NAV is in Europe. I suppose Enchantment's future deployment will all depend on how well Navigator sells in her short sailings later this year. Frankly, I feel Navigator is being wasted on the short sailings, as are much better options for her.

I think RCCL would be better off having Enchantment doing the short sailings out of FLL year round, and move Navigator up to PC to replace Mariner. For those of you who are very upset, FWIW, I cant see RCCL abandoning PC. let's hope good news will be coming soon !

I didn't read the thread because I am pretty confident that your worries are unfounded. You will probably get Freedom or the third Freedom class ship.

Hi Ericknow !

I just wanted to say congratulations to you (and all of our friends on the West Coast). I know you have been quite vocal about this, and wanted this to happen for a long time. I am happy that you now have your wish. We all knew it would eventually happen, but I am sure it is exciting to know the ship, and the date. Enjoy !

As you can see below, I have sailed Sovereign and Mariner many times and will miss Mariner terribly if/when she goes! I will look forward to sailing the replacement ship they bring into PC, so I hope the crew is as great as Mariner's!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!:D

Hi Jim !

Independece of the Seas is taking over Jewel's 6/8 night itineraries in late 2008. RCCL needed a larger ship to do this itinerary, as this itinerary has been selling very well. I'd be surprised if Independence moves elsewhere in 2009.

As for the possibility of Enchantment being redeployed to PC, I have to think its not very likely right now, as they seem to want her in FLL for the 4/5 night sailings when Navigator is in Europe. I think Enchantment may be going to Tampa when NAV is in FLL, but then heads back to FLL when NAV is in Europe. I suppose Enchantment's future deployment will all depend on how well Navigator sells in her short sailings later this year. Frankly, I feel Navigator is being wasted on the short sailings, as are much better options for her.

I think RCCL would be better off having Enchantment doing the short sailings out of FLL year round, and move Navigator up to PC to replace Mariner. For those of you who are very upset, FWIW, I cant see RCCL abandoning PC. let's hope good news will be coming soon !

We're checking out the Independence Eastern in Jan. 2009 but if a Freedom class goes into Port Canaveral, we would do that first.

I agree about wasting Navigator on 4 and 5 night sailings. Maybe if all else fails, they will put her into Port C.

Last year when new itineraries came out, RCCL was going to put Enchantment into Tampa, they realized that the stretched Enchantment could not fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. We looked into booking out of Tampa as it is an easier drive for us than FLL. Grandeur will do 4 and 5 nighters starting this fall.

We looked into booking out of Tampa as it is an easier drive for us than FLL. Grandeur will do 4 and 5 nighters starting this fall.

But only for part time................wouldnt it be great to have a ship there year round??:)

The thought of losing the Mariner just makes me sick. We (DH and I) are so disappointed that it will be leaving. We made the decision after our last cruise (first on Mariner) that we were going to sail on her at least once a year from now on, and we began making changes to our budget accordingly.

We have only sailed from PC, and I can't imagine sailing from anywhere else. PC is driveable for us, and we are very familiar with the area. DH does not like to fly.

We felt that the Mariner is the perfect size for a one week cruise. We love the Sovereign, but I just don't see us going back to her, or back to short cruises. I am sure that Freedom and Liberty are wonderful, but I think it may be too big for us. Plus, unless the prices for those ships come down considerably, we will not be able to cruise once a year like planned.

So, I really was hoping this was just a rumor. Now that we know it is not, I can only hope that RC will bring another Voyager class ship to PC, and hope that most of the wonderful Mariner crew stay there also.:(

Archived