Southampton-Heathrow shuttle

We are on the Navigator leaving 16 June and we get back into Southampton on 30 June. We are staying that night at a hotel next to Heathrow since our flight back isn't until the next day. We didn't use RCI's air service. (We don't need transportation to the port for embarkation.)

I called RCI a few weeks ago and asked how much it would cost for the shuttle back to LHR and they said it would be $85/person. The idea is that we would take the shuttle to LHR, then hop on the Hotel Hoppa or the tube to our hotel. (We are staying at the Jury's Heathrow.) Does this sound like a reasonable idea? Can we book this while we are onboard or should we book it now?

Thanks in advance.

You should not be able to book the RCI transfer to the airport as you are not flying out that day - the agents have to put in the date/time of your flight to book you on this transfer so you will have to invent a ficticious flight.

Why not take a taxi from the docks to Southampton bus station and then take National Express coach to LHR http://www.nationalexpress.com/ and then take the Hotel Hoppa round to your hotel. I think that a cab driver at Heathrow will not be happy to do a small run to the hotel - and I believe that there is a standard fixed pickup rate from LHR that is very pricey.

OK: a bit more hauling of luggage but I bet it works out a lot cheaper.

Suggest you check out the Britain section on the Europe boards as the transfer from LHR to Southampton and vice-versa is covered in depth.

Archived