Tell me about the Sun!

idjaffe

Cruised last year on the Pearl....had a good time, and am now thinking about the SUN for XMASS.

Tall me about the ship:

Does it have a water slide?

What is the layout like at the pool? (LOVED the fact that we could watch our kids in the pool, hot tub, and slide from poolside!)

What is the best thing about the ship?

What is the WORST thing about the ship?

Any other thoughts/notes for a family of 4 (kids are 6)?

Thanks!

Cruised last year on the Pearl....had a good time, and am now thinking about the SUN for XMASS.

Tall me about the ship:

Does it have a water slide?

What is the layout like at the pool? (LOVED the fact that we could watch our kids in the pool, hot tub, and slide from poolside!)

What is the best thing about the ship?

What is the WORST thing about the ship?

Any other thoughts/notes for a family of 4 (kids are 6)?

Thanks!

The Sun is a nice ship, one of the first few that were designed with freestyle concept in mind.

No water slide at the pool.

One of my favorite things about the ship was the large outdoor eating area accessible from the buffet area at the rear of the ship. It was a great place to take your breakfast in the open air :)

One of the worst things about the ships design is how the restaurants and kitchen sort of divide the ship into thirds on deck 5 ... making it a little confusing to find Il Adaggio or Seven Seas unless you go up to deck 6 and back down again (a good side effect of that is these two places seem less crowded at times).

I enjoyed my cruise on the Sun, and will be doing another this fall/winter on her :)

No water slide, just regular pools (unless I'm crazy ;)). My kids were 8 and 9 on the Sun and had a great time. We're going again this winter. Beautiful Atrium, built for Freestyle, can't go wrong on the Sun. :)

Well it rises in the east in the morning and sets in the west in the evening unless you are north of 60 where at this time of year it doesn't set.

Seriously it is a good ship - old enough to be well worn in and young enough to encompass freestyle cruising.

Yes the two main restaurants on Deck five do cause some confusion and the lay out of the buffet had you tripping over each other but i believe i read that the Sun has changed the buffet layout.

Enjoy your cruise

Cheers

Dennis

I sailed aboard the Sun in April, she is a beautiful ship. I found her very easy to navigate, plenty of deck plans throughout. Two pools separated by four hot tubs in the center. No water slide.

My largest complaint was that the children did not use the children's pool area. I do not understand why parents want their children playing in areas where adults are drinking, heavily in my case. Carnival seems to have a better handle on this, keeping young children in separate areas, with their own activities... enough about this; this is a pet peeve of mine.

The ship is beautiful, service was great, and the food was wonderful!

You will enjoy your cruise.

Here are pictures of the Sun’s Easter sailing out of New Orleans.

http://picasaweb.google.com/alansegers/NCLCruiseApril2007

Warm regards,

Jules

Archived