Be Honest!!!!!!

Cheap cruises attract cheap cruisers.

We found that out the hard way. Manners out the window, and speech that made my skin crawl.

We made the best of it, and moved when things weren't to our liking.

Now I keep my eyes out for those "deep cut" bargains, and book somewhere else.

pete -- i am baffled by your comment b/c you have been on many fantasy class ships. :confused:

Several people in this thread have mentioned "older ships" not being equal to the newer ships in up-keep.....I don't understand their thinking I guess. I have been on the Conquest about 3 years ago and on the Fantasy class, Sensation and Fantasy, the last 2 years. I did not see where the 2 classes differed in being well-kept, clean, and relatively attractive. The only differences were the special restaurants and more balcony cabins which didn't phase us in the least. We thoroughly enjoyed all three ships.

I'm just kind of tired of the "cheaper cruises - cheaper people" mentality....sigh! To be honest.....it's down right insulting to about 75% of the Carnival cruisers out there.... How's that for "honesty"?

Number 1, it is VERY uncouth to brag about how much you pay for something. Completely inappropriate and shows a lack of home training.

Number 2, since you allegedly pay $10,000 for cruises, why would you book an oceanview in STEERAGE on such an old ship as the Elation?

Finally, the fact that you had a wonderful experience in no way invalidates the OP's opinion. Sometimes it is simply a matter of what people are accustomed to in their everyday lives. One person may think the ship is fabulous, that the food is great, et cetera. Another person may think the ship is a broken-down, raggedy piece of crap and that the food is not fit to be served to a dog. Neither would be lying or exaggerating as far as how the ship appeared to him or her. Maybe the OP's standards are higher than yours. Did you ever think of that????

You know, since you are relatively new here I will cut you some slack. People who know me here know my posts are pretty much tongue in cheek responses.

The OP was accusing us of outright LYING. The OP did NOT say "Oh I have to disagree with your reviews"...nope, the OP just said you all lied to me.

We all talk about prices of cruises...it what we do HERE. In polite society I don't walk around saying how much I paid for our vacations because most people would think we are crazy. The people here relate to our experiences.

And there is no "allegedly paid" about it. My life is an open book. My cruise pictures are all over CC.

And to answer why would I do a "lowly steerage room"...because it was three weeks till the cruise and it was one of the last cabins left. I had some free time and I took off with the kids.

And THAT was my point. A cruise is what you make of it. I didn't expect the Elation to be the same as RCCL Freedom based on price alone...but it's NOT the price you pay for something...it's the attitude you bring on the cruise.

The OP didn't need to love the cruise...I could frankly care less. But don't come back to CC and call us liars.

Since Princess has been mentioned, I'll give you my 2 cents on their fleet. I've been on their oldest/smallest ships and their newest/bigger ships. The atmosphere and service was the same on all the ships. The only difference is size and what's offered. Obviously the newer, bigger ships have more to offer. But that didn't make the older, smaller ones worse. I love to cruise. For the most part it doesn't matter what ship I'm on. I can move away from people and can ignore the little things.

You know, since you are relatively new here I will cut you some slack. People who know me here know my posts are pretty much tongue in cheek responses.

The OP was accusing us of outright LYING. The OP did NOT say "Oh I have to disagree with your reviews"...nope, the OP just said you all lied to me.

We all talk about prices of cruises...it what we do HERE. In polite society I don't walk around saying how much I paid for our vacations because most people would think we are crazy. The people here relate to our experiences.

And there is no "allegedly paid" about it. My life is an open book. My cruise pictures are all over CC.

And to answer why would I do a "lowly steerage room"...because it was three weeks till the cruise and it was one of the last cabins left. I had some free time and I took off with the kids.

And THAT was my point. A cruise is what you make of it. I didn't expect the Elation to be the same as RCCL Freedom based on price alone...but it's NOT the price you pay for something...it's the attitude you bring on the cruise.

The OP didn't need to love the cruise...I could frankly care less. But don't come back to CC and call us liars.

You are right on target. The OP did call Elation reviewers liars. Talk about bad manners.....:cool:

hammer.gif

Crusinmama, you go ahead with your bad self!

I will prob. live to regret jumping into this fray, but frankly the OP's post chapped me last night when I first read it and continues to p*** me off today.

I don't know what anyone would gain by "lying" in a review. I didn't go on any cruise anticipating that everything would go 100 percent my way. I've lived long enough to realize life doesn't usually work that way.

If you go on a ship, into the office, out to dinner, et al thinking people are going to kiss your a$$ to get along with you, you're prob. going to leave awfully disappointed.

I don't take a bad attitude on board and usually disembark wanting to go again. The Sensation is in this class of ship and remains one of the best cruises we've been on. It's also been the least expensive.

What's that lurking over your shoulder? Why yes, you are on Candid Web-Camera!!!! That's right, this website was created years ago in an effort to fool you and you alone :D ~ You say lie, we say fool~ it was all for kicks and giggles!! We all got together behind your back and pulled a bunch of lies (we prefer to call them fibs) to tell you about the Elation!! I can't believe it took you this long to figure us all out! We can now pack up this operation and move on to lying to someone else!! I'm thinking next stop is a restaurant review board... food tastes certainly don't vary, just like vacation tastes... and there certainly isn't turnover in restaurants, just like there isn't on cruise lines... and just like on your Elation cruise, we can "plant" rowdy kids, so you can blame US rather than taking the blame yourself for cruising when school is out!!! :cool: Then, we'll make sure you go to one of the older, cheaper restaurants but we'll lie to you and tell you they are just as good as the newer, more expensive restaurants... because it could never be as varying tastes, likes and dislikes... :rolleyes: It certainly couldn't be that some people aren't bothered by the same things you are bothered by... see, it was all a big scam! And look, it worked!!! We are such great liars!!! Oops, I mean fibbers :p

What's that lurking over your shoulder? Why yes, you are on Candid Web-Camera!!!! That's right, this website was created years ago in an effort to fool you and you alone :D ~ You say lie, we say fool~ it was all for kicks and giggles!! We all got together behind your back and pulled a bunch of lies (we prefer to call them fibs) to tell you about the Elation!! I can't believe it took you this long to figure us all out! We can now pack up this operation and move on to lying to someone else!! I'm thinking next stop is a restaurant review board... food tastes certainly don't vary, just like vacation tastes... and there certainly isn't turnover in restaurants, just like there isn't on cruise lines... and just like on your Elation cruise, we can "plant" rowdy kids, so you can blame US rather than taking the blame yourself for cruising when school is out!!! :cool: Then, we'll make sure you go to one of the older, cheaper restaurants but we'll lie to you and tell you they are just as good as the newer, more expensive restaurants... because it could never be as varying tastes, likes and dislikes... :rolleyes: It certainly couldn't be that some people aren't bothered by the same things you are bothered by... see, it was all a big scam! And look, it worked!!! We are such great liars!!! Oops, I mean fibbers :p

OMG! I laughed so hard, people from other offices came into mine to find out what was so funny! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

OMG! I laughed so hard, people from other offices came into mine to find out what was so funny! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Came from other OFFICES? Yes, we're so serious about leading people astray so they go on crappy cruises with thugs and bad buffet decorations and toilet seats that need painting (who does that BTW?) that we even have to do this trickery on the job.:D

What's that lurking over your shoulder?...

Where in the world have you been? i was "this close" *pinch fingers* to putting an APB out on the S&S III thread for you, brenda and meredith, LOL:D :p

now you can tell OP and Mary what an awful time you have had on the Fantasy class ships you have sailed and scare the bejeebies out of the newbies that haven't yet gone on them.:rolleyes:

P.S. don't forget to tell them that they stink so much you decided to throw away some $ on a B2B, LOL.:D

LOL! Right on, Lucy! :D

We did the Elation last Thanksgiving. We didn't smell any smells. Our food was fine. Had no kids running wild. Of course it isn't up to Liberty or the newer ones. It is a older one. You can't expect to take an older ship and get what the newer ones have. When we take an older one, we don't expect what we get on the newer ones. That is why I mostly book the new ones. I like the balconies . My next cruise is Freedom with a suite. I expect more on that ship. You get what you pay for ! I would rather pay more for a newer one.

Where in the world have you been? i was "this close" *pinch fingers* to putting an APB out on the S&S III thread for you, brenda and meredith, LOL:D

now you can tell OP and Mary what an awful time you have had on the Fantasy class ships you have sailed and scare the bejeebies out of the newbies that haven't yet gone on them.:rolleyes:

P.S. don't forget to tell them that they stink so much you decided to throw away some $ on a B2B, LOL.:D

Sorry, I was too busy chipping fresh paint off the toilet seat :p Do you know how bad it hurts to sit on chipped paint??? Ouch!!

Seriously... I hated the Fantasy class so much, it's been hard to do 3 Fantasy class cruises, with 2 more booked... but hey, I do what I can for the cause... and that cause is of course, lying to the OP!!! I mean, it is of course in MY best interest to LIE about MY vacation... it serves such a purpose right?? :rolleyes:

We did the Elation last Thanksgiving. We didn't smell any smells. Our food was fine. Had no kids running wild. Of course it isn't up to Liberty or the newer ones. It is a older one. You can't expect to take an older ship and get what the newer ones have. When we take an older one, we don't expect what we get on the newer ones. That is why I mostly book the new ones. I like the balconies . My next cruise is Freedom with a suite. I expect more on that ship. You get what you pay for ! I would rather pay more for a newer one.

LIAR!!! :p :p :p (we all thank you for a job well done ;))

Thud.gif

wow...after reading all of this...i am still unsure of how to respond.

I took my first cruise on the Elation in May...and it was the best vacation of my life. I am not a cheapie...my husband and I make good money and are professional people. I think I know good from bad and there was nothing major wrong with our cruise on the Elation in May. The only problem we encountered was that there was a sewage smell for a couple days on the empress deck, but that did not make or break the cruise for us. The staff was outstanding, the people were so friendly and the food was good. I mean it was not Morton's Steakhouse or Carrabas, but it was good.

So I guess my point is, I am sorry your OPINION of this cruise was that your EXPERIENCE was not great....but please dont generalize and state to others that this cruise is just plain awful because that is not the case. I dont know what happend your week and maybe it did suck and I am sorry if it did, but if the ship was still in Florida, I would cruise her again. Also, I did not lie to you when I posted my review...I earn money as a mystery shopper as a side job and am always honest with my reviews...so when I tell you something is good or something is awful it is my honest opinion.

Good luck to all...please dont get discouraged and not book this ship. As soon as I got off this ship, I booked two more carnival cruises...if that doesnt say anything about my experience.....

i really don't get the couple of posts on here by people who say "we agree OP that some people don't tell the whole truth b/c they are afraid of getting flamed."

i just don't see the logic in that statement. it's silly. if the cruise was bad, say it! to not say it does a disservice to all of us on this board.

say it, but don't say that what others have written about their particular sailing is a "lie" for whatever the reason, including that we are "afraid." that's just nonsense.

as for those who may be afraid of flaming (a small minority, if at all), i don't buy that they "lie" b/c of it. if anything, they probably just won't post.

crews change; embarkation ports change; chefs change; captains; CDs...not everything will be the same each time on the same ship. Sheesh. it's so obvious, and shld have been so obvious to someone like the OP who has cruised b/4.

people do not get flamed for saying a cruise was bad and had its problems. they get flamed b/c of they way they say things, and in the case of the OP, for what they say.

Thats NOT GOOD... we sail on the Elation in 40 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Please please tell me some good things about the food, cus I am looking forward to that part..

Now, thankfully, I live in San Diego, so I already get to spend my weekends at the beaches.. so If the cruise doesn't go as planned, I'll just head to the beach instead.

Don't worry. I traveled on the Elation out of Miami last year and it was fine. The decorum and food was great. The ship needed servicing in some area's, but this is true with most older ships(5 yrs or older). This reviewer sounds like they had a problem with delinqent youth onboard. One can not control from cruise to cruise who is traveling. All one can do is advise the proper authorities to take control of the matter.

Cheap cruises attract cheap cruisers.

We found that out the hard way. Manners out the window, and speech that made my skin crawl.

We made the best of it, and moved when things weren't to our liking.

Now I keep my eyes out for those "deep cut" bargains, and book somewhere else.

I disagree.

Just because I have to watch my pennies doesn't mean I am a cheap cruiser. It simply means that I work very hard for my money and that I want to make the most of every dollar. And it doesn't mean that I am without manners or have inappropriate speech. Please do not put me in a class of people when you know nothing about me.

I agree that everyone's experience is different. What doesn't bother some will ruin a cruise for others. To each his own. Everyone should post reviews honestly and let readers decide for themselves. And no question is stupid.

I joined CC hoping to get some valuable information on our upcoming cruise. Which I have. But, I am also reading more tackiness regarding posts. Please can we just keep it pleasant!

Archived