Mariner Eastern Caribbean Review 5/27-6/3/07

Wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to fill us in on all the details. We are going in August and are looking forward to a fun filled vacation. We're from the West coast and in a few years you can visit sunny California when the Mariner gets its new home in L.A. Thanks again.

Great review! We'll be boarding the Mariner two weeks from tomorrow for the Eastern itinerary, and we're really looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by mrcruzer

1. How large were the biggest tables in the main dining room?

mrcruzer -- Last year on the Explorer our party of 11 was seated at one table. We've arranged for a table of 11 on the Mariner, so even though most of the large tables are set for 10, they can fit additional people if they need to.

We had a party of 9 and were seated at a table that originally had 8 chairs. They had added a 9th chair (without arms) to our table and it never felt crowded. They told us that all tables had the ability to have one chair added. Also, there was a party next to us that had 14 people seated at one long oblong table. So, they do accommodate pretty large groups if necessary.

• 1 month later...
They wanted us out by 8am. We had the 8:10 departure color and a 12:20 flight. We were called at 8:05 and at the airport at 10:30.

There were departure times starting at 7am and you can request one of those.

Hi there, Just wondering how you managed to book your shuttle with RCCL if your flight is at 12.20pm, I have just emailed my TA to organise as our flight has been moved from 12.50pm to 12pm and they wont book the transfer as our flight is before 12.30pm. I can't understand why they wouldn't book it if buses are leaving around 7am?

thanks

Amanda

• 5 weeks later...

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write it.

I am, obviously, a little late to the discussion, so I hope you still check this thread from time to time.

I am booked on Mariner for June 22nd (Eastern Caribbean). At present, I am booked for room 9514...the same room you had. You said that you liked it. I just have one question about it. From some photos I have seen, it appears that the view out the window may be partially obstructed. Can you tell me if it is?

Thanks a lot.

I ordered a flight (sampler) of reds. Supposed to be four 2oz pours. I had four FULL glasses. I was buzzed in 11 minutes. Gave her $5.

What a treat! Can you remember the cost of the flight of reds? Oh and fantastic review. Thank you.

I believe the flight that I ordered was around $12.

Hi there, Just wondering how you managed to book your shuttle with RCCL if your flight is at 12.20pm, I have just emailed my TA to organise as our flight has been moved from 12.50pm to 12pm and they wont book the transfer as our flight is before 12.30pm. I can't understand why they wouldn't book it if buses are leaving around 7am?

thanks

Amanda

Our TA booked the shuttles. Maybe see if your TA can put in a later flight time just to get the shuttle booked even though you are on an earlier flight. I have no idea if RC can actually check that you are on that flight. I doubt they would have access to passenger lists.

Make sure you get the earliest color tags possible for disembarking.

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write it.

I am, obviously, a little late to the discussion, so I hope you still check this thread from time to time.

I am booked on Mariner for June 22nd (Eastern Caribbean). At present, I am booked for room 9514...the same room you had. You said that you liked it. I just have one question about it. From some photos I have seen, it appears that the view out the window may be partially obstructed. Can you tell me if it is?

Thanks a lot.

If you look straight out the porthole (which is huge by the way) or towards the front of the ship the view is great. If you look up to the left then you see some of the ship that hangs out over the side. We never had any issues viewing the ports as we docked or as we pulled away.

We loved the room and would certainly stay in it again! I will see if I can find my pictures from the room. What's your email address?

Archived