New (Modified) Supper Club Menus

The supper club hostess on the Glory last week (Aleksandra) was kind enough to give my copies of their "new" menu.

On one of our (3) nights there I tried the new Crepe Vonnassiennes - VERY tasty, though a tad SALTY! I also gave the GRILLED PRIME RIB CHOP a try - good flavor, though TOO rare and somewhat TOUGH! This seems to be the one thing I see in all the supper clubs: Ask for Medium to Medium-Well, you get Medium to Medium-Rare, ask for Medium-Rare, you get RARE... I enjoy Rare to Medium-Rare, so I factor that in and ask for Medium-Rare (even then, sometimes it comes out VERY rare!)

To see the FULL SIZE versions go to my smugmug link, and look under CRUISES.

159490695-L.jpg

159490711-L.jpg

159490719-L.jpg

159490726-L.jpg

Tom

Tom: I noticed that the new ribeye isn't printed on your menu (as it wasn't on the Carnival Liberty menu several days ago either). Was told that it's only been available for a little less than two months. Was going to try it one my nights at Harry's but my wonderful server talked me into something else (that, admittedly, was probably better).

I did the Porterhouse on one earlier cruise, and swore never again. Was cooked to perfection, but the size of it would/should serve multiple people. I was ashamed to have to leave quite a bit of it due to being full. . . and hearing my mom's voice in my head with that whole "starving kids in China" lecture I received as a child.

I'm looking forward to trying Harry's on the Liberty this summer.

You'll not only have a wonderfully delicious meal, but you'll also enjoy the entertainment by May and her husband - their choice of music and vocals are a fine accompaniment (just like a nicely paired wine). Happy dining, and Bon Voyage!:)

Tom

That is the EXACT menu we had on Miracle 3 weeks ago and once again I highly recommend it. It was top notch it every respect. It's as good as any of the best meals we've had in NYC. GO.......

Tom: I noticed that the new ribeye isn't printed on your menu (as it wasn't on the Carnival Liberty menu several days ago either). Was told that it's only been available for a little less than two months. Was going to try it one my nights at Harry's but my wonderful server talked me into something else (that, admittedly, was probably better).

I did the Porterhouse on one earlier cruise, and swore never again. Was cooked to perfection, but the size of it would/should serve multiple people. I was ashamed to have to leave quite a bit of it due to being full. . . and hearing my mom's voice in my head with that whole "starving kids in China" lecture I received as a child.

The "Grilled Prime Rib Chop" is the Ribeye. I had hoped that it was, perhaps, a perfectly ROASTED prime rib which was then lightly grilled (seared) and served with au jus and horseradish... no dice, simply a ribeye/delmonico... I prefer the PRIME RIB in the main dining room!!!

Thanks for sharing the new menu!

Has the surcharge for the supper clubs gone up from the $30 pp that we paid last summer? I'm looking forward to trying Harry's on the Liberty this summer.

Yes - still $30 pp.

Tom

You'll not only have a wonderfully delicious meal, but you'll also enjoy the entertainment by May and her husband - their choice of music and vocals are a fine accompaniment (just like a nicely paired wine). Happy dining, and Bon Voyage!:)

I wonder if it's the same couple that was on the Legend last summer. If so they were fantastic!

I wonder if it's the same couple that was on the Legend last summer. If so they were fantastic!

I'm certain that it wasn't them, as I spoke with wonderful couple several times and found out this is their first-ever Carnival contract. I'm also pretty certain it won't be their last. Very enjoyable.

As of 2-3 sailings before our Glory cruise last week, we were told that (for at least some time) there would not be a singing duo in the Emerald Room - I think she mentioned the Conquest also (not 100%). Something about being short of entertainers...

They were able to get a guy in there on 2 of the 3 nights we were there who played the piano - I assume he was the atrium piano player...

Tom

What is the dress for the Supper Club??

Dressy. We dressed like it was a formal night. My bf wore dress pants and a suit jacket (no tie I believe), and I wore a nice dress.

... not as fancy as the formal nights, but a little more dressed up then going to the regular dining room if that makes any sense.

If you go there on formal nights, you will see a much higher % of tuxes than in the main dining room... even though ONCE they sat a guy wearing JEANS at the table next to us on formal night (IN the SUPPER CLUB)... they did bring a jacket to go across the back of his chair though...:rolleyes:

It did not lessen our experience - though it was good for a chuckle and a "shhhh, hey, check that out..." :D

Tom

We had the ribeye on the Legend in January, so at least on some ships, it's been around for a while. It wasn't on the menu though. It certainly was a healthy sized portion!:eek:

We had the ribeye on the Legend in January, so at least on some ships, it's been around for a while. It wasn't on the menu though. It certainly was a healthy sized portion!:eek:

I also had it on the Legend over Thanksgiving (not on the menu). It was not, at least then, the Georges Blanc version. I did not care for it much then either!!!

I LOVE prime rib (Carnival and almost anywhere), and I LOVE the way I cook Ribeyes at home, I just don't care for Carnival's Ribeyes!!!

Give me the supper clubs Filet Mignon or Lamb Chops ANY day!!! MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS :D

Tom

Guest Crazeecat5

Oh no, no more creme brulee for dessert? Glad to see that the surf and turf is still there. My favorite.....

Sheryl

That is the menu for the Legends Golden Fleece. We just returned from this past week and had the pleasure of dinning in the Golden Fleece. DH and I both chose the Prime Rib Chop blackened / seared and it melted in our mouths. I like medium rare and my DH likes medium well and they were both done to perfection. Definitely ranked as one of our best dinners out.

We're going to dine at the Supper Club on our cruise to Alaska next week. This will be our first Supper Club experience. What did you guys have for dessert--any recommendations?

That is the menu for the Legends Golden Fleece. We just returned from this past week and had the pleasure of dinning in the Golden Fleece. DH and I both chose the Prime Rib Chop blackened / seared and it melted in our mouths. I like medium rare and my DH likes medium well and they were both done to perfection. Definitely ranked as one of our best dinners out.

Glad you got a GOOD ONE! I am sure mine was more a luck-of-the-draw situation. I have eaten the filet several times, and once it was tough. It can happen to the best of cows - I suppose!!!

We're going to dine at the Supper Club on our cruise to Alaska next week. This will be our first Supper Club experience. What did you guys have for dessert--any recommendations?

The MOST favorite (ours and others) seems to be the chocolate dessert. I also have a special place for the apple tarte. Perhaps you could each order one, and share! There is SO MUCH food that if you eat all that they bring you, you'll most likely be uncomfortable! On the Glory we only made it to the dessert on 1 evening - and then we shared the chocolate dessert. We made it that far by skipping breads (you will LOVE their selection of butters) and salads...:eek: After having accomplished eating every course once or twice, we no longer look at it like an all-you-can-eat!

Tom

We both had the Cheese Cake Hazlenut and it was served in a bowl to our suprise. It was light and delicious. We only had one piece of bread so that we could get to dessert :) . Agree with Tom I loved the herb butter spread - yum. To bad they do not serve that in the dinning room.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived