Oosterdam gift shops

sugcarol

Yes they do but.... they only restock items/sizes every other embarkation day. If you are on a week that they just restocked then they may just have your size. DH has purchased some very nice jackets, the one he purchased last year on the Ryndam he used all this past winter. I would still bring my own jacket but the best time to purchase to find your size is the very first night when they first open the shops. Also the men's size large for almost everything tends to be the first items they are sold out of. If you need a medium or XXL then you will have no problem. As for actual women sizing it is hit and miss. There is often a women sized jackets, I have a very nice one from the Oosterdam I purchased several years ago and will most likely bring with me on the Noordam in less than 2 weeks. DH loves his Alaska Ship Sweat shirts and will wear them with a polo shirt under them while in Alaska.

When I was on the Oosterdam for the May 12-19th sailing, there were jackets in the gift shop. They also had a 50% off sale on their fleece jackets a couple of times. It was still pricey (IMO). I saw lots of Alaska jackets in Ketchikan at pretty good prices. I just don't know if that was because it was the second week of the cruise ships coming in and that eventually the prices go up.

My husband got a nice jacket at a drug store in Sitka and my Mom got one in Ketchikan. Both were $20.00 My husband had been looking for this kind of jacket all winter. Who would have thought that he would find it on the cruise?!

Archived