Private Island Beach Break - Belize on Glory

nieciez

Has anyone done this excursion and what do you think of it? We've done Geoff Cay and Cay Caulker in the past but thought we would give this excursion a dry. Do they have float matts and lounge chairs?

Six of us did in February and loved it. We booked the earlier of the two departures and were literally the first people on the island. It is not that big, but the water is beautiful. I suggest you bring water shoes if you want to get in, as it is very corally. There are a few umbrella hut-type things if you don't want to be out in the direct sun all day. There are restroom, changing rooms, a bar, snack bar, two small gift shops. My husband, son and I rented a paddle boat ($15 or $20 for an hour). Another friend got a massage on the beach ($1 per minute I believe). Very relaxing. When we got back to the ship, we still had time to tender into Belize City for a little shopping and a drink.

One advantage of doing the tour is that we did not have to wait in line to tender in. The island is in the opposite direction of Belize City. Those who were going to tender into the city had to get tender tickets with specific times they could leave.

Thanks Hope...sounds wonderful! I just booked the early excursion today. I want to be sure I get a shady spot! I assume there are beach loungers. Do they offer float mats too?

Six of us did in February and loved it. We booked the earlier of the two departures and were literally the first people on the island. It is not that big, but the water is beautiful. I suggest you bring water shoes if you want to get in, as it is very corally. There are a few umbrella hut-type things if you don't want to be out in the direct sun all day. There are restroom, changing rooms, a bar, snack bar, two small gift shops. My husband, son and I rented a paddle boat ($15 or $20 for an hour). Another friend got a massage on the beach ($1 per minute I believe). Very relaxing. When we got back to the ship, we still had time to tender into Belize City for a little shopping and a drink.

One advantage of doing the tour is that we did not have to wait in line to tender in. The island is in the opposite direction of Belize City. Those who were going to tender into the city had to get tender tickets with specific times they could leave.

Thanks also for the info. I have just booked this excursion (earlier time) for our Dec Legend cruise. Anniditional info would be appreciated. How was the food// Did the bar offer beer or just the rum punch mentioned in the excursion descripition (prices?). Loungers, float mats, etc. We also are booked on Passion Island for Cozumel. Any comparisons??? Thanks

• 1 month later...

We did Bannister Island on our Miracle cruise in March 2006. It was a Carnival excursion (Private Island Beach Break); we were picked up by a tender right at the ship and taken to the Island ~ about 20 – 30 minutes by boat. There were other cruise lines there using the Island that day as well.

We had a fun day on Bannister Island. There is an open-air restaurant/bar with a roof. Clean bathrooms. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach. The beach is nice, and there is a swimming area roped off that is good sized. Not terribly deep, we went all the way out to the ropes and the water was about neck-deep out there. The water was nice a warm. It was a little cloudy and windy the day we were there, but still nice.

Waitresses came by our lounge chairs and took orders of drinks and/or food all day and would bring it out to you in the lounge chair. We had some chicken strips that were quite tasty. The menu isn't huge, but they offer hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos, bar-b-q chicken, etc.

There are float mats that you can use for free. They have kayaks and paddle boats that you can rent, for an extra fee.

It was a fun day! :)

Archived