Links to Bermuda Bus and Ferry schedules

TPKeller

going on this trail between warwick and horseshoe was one of the best things about our bermuda experience last summer. we plan to do it again in a few weeks when we get to bermuda again. it was really, really hot when we did this last year. please bring lots of drinking water and know that there aren't a lot of restrooms to be had inbetween. it was so cool that there were a couple of beaches that were totally empty and it was just my husband and i. we might have just been lucky, but pretended they were our own private beaches. we started at warwick and ended at horseshoe where we decided to get an umbrella and stay put for a while. the beaches were pretty wild as we were there during hurricane bertha's threat, but they were great to behold!

• 3 weeks later...
I repeatedly get an error message when trying to download the 2009 Ferry schedule from the link given. I have tried several different browsers. I am using Mac 10.5.4

Can someone help me?

Sam

There is a liink above the map at

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=283&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

I however have been unable to find a PDF of the bus schedule which I thought would be nice to take with us so we don't need internet access on the ship to view it.

hi,

i am having the same trouble trying to get the 2009 schedule, i am trying to see what time the ferry runs from the dockyard to st georges, so i can schedule Golf time at st geoge. Would anyone know what time the Ferry runs in the a.m. . Also does the ferry run to st george on the weekend.. thanks for your help

hi,

i am having the same trouble trying to get the 2009 schedule, i am trying to see what time the ferry runs from the dockyard to st georges, so i can schedule Golf time at st geoge. Would anyone know what time the Ferry runs in the a.m. . Also does the ferry run to st george on the weekend.. thanks for your help

I'm a little reluctant to do this because no doubt they will come along very soon and change the location of the file, but I guess if it works for a little while it will be helpful...

Try this direct link to the file.

I don't speak "mac", but for all the normal people out there (ha ha, just kidding!) you should be able to "right-click" the link and select some variant of "save link as" to copy the file to your local computer.

I tested it, and it took a couple tries to work. Each time it took up to 2 minutes before the download even started, and the first try, the file came in corrupted. So, give it a try, have some patience, and try again if you have to. The correct file size is: 4.36 MB (4,575,181 bytes)

Theron

• 4 weeks later...
Where is the #7 Pink bus stop at the dockyard? We are supposed to dock at 8 am and I am hoping to catch the 8:20 bus? doable or should we plan for the 8:50 bus?

It's right near where the line forms for the ferry dock. The buses stop right on the edge of the road there, and especially in the morning, there will be someone from the bus service there to direct you into the proper line.

Your biggest problem may be to get a bus pass, as it appears that Bermuda no longer allows the cruise lines to sell them on the ships during the trip over. There was no line inside the multi-colored, octagon shaped visitor center a few yards farther past the bus/ferry stop, so it was very quick to get in and out with our passes.

Here's a map showing the area, you can zoom in a couple clicks for a better view. Also the Google imagery is not up to date, the new pier and associated access areas are not yet shown.

One very important thing to consider: The "regularly scheduled" buses serve as the morning commute transportation for the Bermuda residents. I took a morning regular bus to the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, and they would only allow 15 cruise passengers to get on the bus, because they wanted to save space for Bermuda residents along the route to board.

Theron

• 7 months later...

DH and I were in Bermuda in May of 09'. We had no problem buying transportation passes for the buses and ferries. We bought our passes in the same building you go through to show your passport at the wharf where we docked. They are also available at a Vistor's Center located at the Dockyard. We bought two three-day passes, they were $28 each. Much cheaper than taxis! Plus the ferry is an interesting ride. A bus ride is an experience in itself, the roads are narrow and winding. Sometimes you look out and see a rock wall inches from the window as the bus goes whizzing by it...:eek:

Lorie

Hi! Going to Bermuda for the second time in May 2010. I would like to get to St. Georges's this time and the original Swizzle Inn as well as Horseshoe Bay beach and Warwick long beach. We have three days in port! I was thinking of taking he ferry to St. George's the first day...what is there to do in St. George's? Can we also do the Original Swizzle Inn that day?

Thanks,

Jenn

Hi! Going to Bermuda for the second time in May 2010. I would like to get to St. Georges's this time and the original Swizzle Inn as well as Horseshoe Bay beach and Warwick long beach. We have three days in port! I was thinking of taking he ferry to St. George's the first day...what is there to do in St. George's? Can we also do the Original Swizzle Inn that day?

Thanks,

Jenn

You'd probably be better off posting this as a new thread, rather than here in this sticky thread which is just about the ferry and bus schedules. More people will probably see it as a stand-alone.

St. George's is on the other side of the island from the original Swizzle Inn, so it may not be the best to try to do both on the same day.

Theron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've looked all over the web to try to find the 2010 summer schedule. The winter schedule ends on April 11 and we'll be there in early May. Does anyone know where to get it?

Susan

In past years, they have put it out right before the start of the season. It will probably show up in a few weeks.

Theron

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned today from Bermuda. The $12 pass is the best deal to buy. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to the aquarium. The entry fee is $10. We then took the bus to Horseshoe Bay which was beautiful. Some excitement when a Portuguese Man of War jelly fish floated by. Someone got a piece of wood to remove it. It wasn't until we were leaving that we saw the sign on what to do if you get stung by one. They are deadly. We then took the bus back to the Dockyard. Since everyone on the bus was returning to the ship, the bus driver took us right up to the ship instead of leaving us off a good distance away.

So the all day pass means you can ride ferries and buses all day? It's not one or the other?

So the all day pass means you can ride ferries and buses all day? It's not one or the other?

That is correct. It's good for all you care to ride for the whole day the pass is valid.

Theron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Were you able to open it? My pdf file says damaged and could not be opened. Thanks!

Their site is notorious for being extremely slow. I suspect it's a server located in Bermuda. Try doing a "save as" and saving the file locally. That worked for me. The file is almost 5 megabytes.

If they were smart, they would mirror their site on a mainland somewhere.

Theron

Just to keep them together, here is what appears to be the current link for the bus schedule:

Bermuda Bus Schedule

If you click on the color bar beside each route number in the legend of the map, it links to the schedule.

Theron

Their site is notorious for being extremely slow. I suspect it's a server located in Bermuda. Try doing a "save as" and saving the file locally. That worked for me. The file is almost 5 megabytes.

If they were smart, they would mirror their site on a mainland somewhere.

Theron

Got it! Thanks! :)

This is a great thread - thanks so much for all the info.

I've been looking at schedules & to me it seems impossible to have dinner in St. Georges if our ship is docked at King's Wharf. I originally thought it would be nice to dine there on our first evening in Bermuda since we don't have to rush back for sailaway. But the last ferry seems to head back to the KW way too early for dinner. Am I missing a way to do dinner? At this point, my head is spinning from looking at these schedules.

Otherwise, on day 3 I think we'll take the first ferry over to SG and do lunch instead. Then hop a ferry back to KW afterwards. I think we should have enough time to do that.

Thanks for any light you might shed on this for me.

Janet

• 3 weeks later...

Archived