Links to Bermuda Bus and Ferry schedules

TPKeller

Lunch can be just as nice in St George but if your heart is set on dinner I would use a taxi. While in KW we took a taxi to a resturant to the southern end of Hamilton... Here is a picture of the resturant we chose which was great... (Bottom of the page of the review.)

http://www.justcruisin-sv.com/CruiseShips/bermuda%20end.htm

Lunch can be just as nice in St George but if your heart is set on dinner I would use a taxi. While in KW we took a taxi to a resturant to the southern end of Hamilton... Here is a picture of the resturant we chose which was great... (Bottom of the page of the review.)

http://www.justcruisin-sv.com/CruiseShips/bermuda%20end.htm

Your pictures and review were great!!

Thanks for sharing them.

I have heard others mention a special beach only bus that leaves from Dockyard to the south side beaches.

Is there a schedule for these?

I doubt there will be a pre-published schedule for this, since it would depend entirely on when and how many ships are in port. They might know ahead of time what the schedule would be, but since it will be different every day, I doubt anyone would publish it.

Theron

This thread has been so helpful! I'll be going to Bermuda for the first time and was wondering how to get from the town of St. George's to the Crystal Caves/Swizzle Inn. Thanks!

Either bus or taxi. I have done it both ways. I don't really have a preference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ferry's do have small restrooms I believe

The Special Buses usually run when ships are in port to accomadate the high volume of passengers going to the beach. when we left Horseshoe there was a special waiting. The only difference is that special buses wait until they are full as opposed to the regular buses that run on a schedule.

• 1 month later...
I've looked all over the web to try to find the 2010 summer schedule. The winter schedule ends on April 11 and we'll be there in early May. Does anyone know where to get it?

Susan

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_13212_283_1766_43/http;/ptpublisher.gov.bm;7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/dept___seeaexpress__ferry_schedule_new/summer_schedule_2010new.pdf

• 7 months later...
Yay, thanks for posting this!

Do you have the link to the original source? Many workplaces routinely block access to dropbox.com.

Theron

Actually, that's where SeaExpress has it posted, probably in reaction to criticism about how impossibly slow their own server is, so for now at least that is the original source.

Actually, that's where SeaExpress has it posted, probably in reaction to criticism about how impossibly slow their own server is, so for now at least that is the original source.

Ah... I will agree that their servers are notoriously slow... Unfortunate that they chose a host that is not widely accessible.

Theron

I was just on the Bermuda website looking at bus schedules and routes, and if I understand it correctly, you can do a bus from the dockyard to hamilton. And a bus from hamilton to St. georges, right? But if you want to go straight from the dockyard to st. georges you would do the ferry?

I was just on the Bermuda website looking at bus schedules and routes, and if I understand it correctly, you can do a bus from the dockyard to hamilton. And a bus from hamilton to St. georges, right? But if you want to go straight from the dockyard to st. georges you would do the ferry?

The fastest way to get to St. George from Dockyard is by direct ferry. You can get from Dockyard to Hamilton by either bus or ferry, with ferry being the faster way. You can then take a bus from Hamilton to St. George, but going from Dockyard to St. George via Hamilton, regardless of how you get from Dockyard to Hamilton will take much longe than taking the direct ferry service from Dockyard to St. George.

What's the best dock to dock at?

If you are sailing RCCL, there is only one docking area you would be at: Royal Naval Dockyard (either King's Wharf or Heritage Wharf) aka West End. The only mass market cruise line that docks in Hamilton is HAL's Veendam.

Would you recommend renting a scooter?

NO, imo, but if you are an experienced m/c rider, maybe. The roads are 2 lanes wide with no break down lanes, curvy and hilly, and they drive on the wrong side. Plus, drivers there tend to be very aggressive & impatient.

SBtS

Because you get better responses to your questions on the "main thread" below this I am closing this and will reopen to update if there are any addendums to ferry and bus schedules. Any questions re that can be posted below where more folks will see the answer they might be looking for!

Archived