Any experience with the CocoCay waverunner excursion?

Several people in my group did this excursion in December, the water was a little rough, but many of the people in the group enjoyed this excursion and thought it was worth the time and money.

I know they put you in a line of waverunners so depending on how slow, fast, or just on pace your group is, it might be a better or worse experience.

It's been YEARS (did it on my Sovereign cruises in '97 and '98) but back then I LOVED it. I still consider it the most exhilarating shore excursion to date and one of the most memorable.

The guide took us out in open water. He took us to a plane wreck (small drug plane trying to make drug run on the island...lol). He hopped off his wave runner into shallow water and there were nurse sharks swimming around us. :eek: (He said they're harmless...lol)

They can REALLY open those babies up and you just gotta hang on. I was buried in my husband's shoulder for much of the open water ride...but it was fun. :D

Hubby did the Coco Cay thing--one of the "passenger's" on a waverunner fell off, complained her back was hurt, and delayed the return of the excursion (and ultimately, the departure of the ship) by over an hour! I was waiting at the beach for the return of the group, and I see rescue personnel and backboards going out. Very scary! They wouldn't tell me who was hurt, so here I am, planning what to do in case it's my husband!!!! Turns out, the woman wasn't really hurt--just embarrassed.

Hubby prefers to rent waverunners on his own--no more group "excursions' for him!

took the excursion with the kids (2004) when the boys were younger .. my oldest (then 13) complained that his "privates" hurt....so, my advise, have your kids (even hubbys) wear underwear under bathing suits to keep them "in tact".. i think that was the problem?

we are going back in August .. boys are now 13 & 16 .. not sure the oldest (then 13) wants to do it .. because of what he remembers..

mom will stay on the beach!

We did it and loved it. We were taken to starfish alley where the guide picked up starfish and passed them around for us to look at. We also went to see abandoned drug lord homes. No plane wreck on our tour but it was big fun. They will ask who likes to go fast, those that raise their hands will be first in line with those wanting to go a bit slower toward the back. Both my husband & I (rode together) thought it was well worth the cost. Water was smooth for us, slightly cool in Feb but smooth.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I took the Waverunner excursion in Coco Cay in Feb while on the Majesty pre-inaugural cruise and it was a great excursion. I'm not what the cost is, since all of our excursions were complimentary, but I would have no problem paying for this one. You have 2 guides-- 1 lead and 1 bring up the rear. They arrange you based on how fast you'd like to go-- slower people at the back. We had about 15 waverunners in our group and spent over an hour going around all the local islands.. A few stops were made and the history of each island was give. We also stopped at Starfish Alley-- the ocean floor was covered with HUGE starfish. The guide dove down and pulled a few out for us to hold. Overall this was a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.

I'm very excited to hear all of these reviews!-We are booked for this my husband and two boys (16,15) will love this since we have a seadoo at home.-Thanks for all the info on the islands and stops we will have......Can't WAIT!!!!!

Just a few more baseball games for the boys to play and we'll be off on our first cruise together.....:rolleyes:

Archived