What is a good price??

JettaGirl

Hey everyone!

My boyfriend and I are thinking about taking a "last minute cruise" sometime soon. We live in Dallas so prefer to leave out of Galveston since we can just drive there. We are not at all picky on the dates since I am a teacher and have the summer off and he gets time off work very easily.

We are looking at a 4 or 5 day on the Ectasy. Now my question.... what is considered a "good price" for a last minute cruise??

We have been looking the past week and the best price we have gotten is about $500 pp (which seems a little expensive for "last minute" and 5 days).

Any suggestions on how to go about booking a last minute cruise or is it just luck?!

Thanks for any help you can give me! Happy cruising!

Hey everyone!

My boyfriend and I are thinking about taking a "last minute cruise" sometime soon. We live in Dallas so prefer to leave out of Galveston since we can just drive there. We are not at all picky on the dates since I am a teacher and have the summer off and he gets time off work very easily.

We are looking at a 4 or 5 day on the Ectasy. Now my question.... what is considered a "good price" for a last minute cruise??

We have been looking the past week and the best price we have gotten is about $500 pp (which seems a little expensive for "last minute" and 5 days).

Any suggestions on how to go about booking a last minute cruise or is it just luck?!

I think since Carnival is the only game in town, the deals wont be all that great. Keep checking, maybe something will pop up. I agree $500 doesnt seem that cheap, when you compare it to the deals you can get in Florida for the same time frame.

Good Luck.

Hey everyone!

I can't really answer your question but it would be helpful to those who can if you say what type room your quote is for - inside guarantee, inside, oceanview, balcony, etc.

Which cabin category are you looking at? I see (on an online travel site) $269-$279 per person for an Inside for 4-5 day Ecstasy sailings out of Galveston in the month of June. OV cabins are $359-379.

Which cabin category are you looking at? I see (on an online travel site) $269-$279 per person for an Inside for 4-5 day Ecstasy sailings out of Galveston in the month of June. OV cabins are $359-379.

So sorry that I forgot to mention that! We are looking for an OV cabin. TravlGrl... would you mind sending me the website you found that information?? Thank you.

k_burwinkel@yahoo.com

If you wait a few months you can get it for about $600 for both of you. Get a 1A guarantee and they will probably bump you up to a 4A. There is at least one date, Thanksgiving I saw was $279 per person, and there are several other dates around there, but they do seem to be going up. They were $269 a month ago. There are some dates in December still $279 plus tax.

If you wait until January, there are dates still $269. ($594 total with taxes for 2).

I dont know if I would wait to play the last minute game this year, too few ships out of Galveston this fall, just my two cents, someone else might say wait and grab a last minute fare.

Most of the sites showing $269 and $279 mean 1As, but as I said you can get a 1A guarantee. $339 plus tax is the best Iv been able to find for 5A which are the port hole cabins. Iv been watching too.

Archived