A Little Advice Please

We (my DH & DS) are booked on the Pearl for 9/16 sailing to Alaska. I noticed a couple of nights ago the price has dropped and called the agency I booked with about getting a credit, etc. She eventually told me she could cancel and rebook at the new price, but it was still about $160 more than the NCL web site. Is she just trying to keep her commission or am I missing something??

I would like to make a decision on this today before the price goes back up. Any ideas??

Also, our flight out of Seattle the day we return was changed to an earlier flight. If I call the airline and explain, is there a chance of a later flight at no charge?

TIA for you help. This is a great source of information for us.

We (my DH & DS) are booked on the Pearl for 9/16 sailing to Alaska. I noticed a couple of nights ago the price has dropped and called the agency I booked with about getting a credit, etc. She eventually told me she could cancel and rebook at the new price, but it was still about $160 more than the NCL web site. Is she just trying to keep her commission or am I missing something??

I would like to make a decision on this today before the price goes back up. Any ideas??

Also, our flight out of Seattle the day we return was changed to an earlier flight. If I call the airline and explain, is there a chance of a later flight at no charge?

TIA for you help. This is a great source of information for us.

Are you including the taxes and port fees in your calculations? The fare prices posted on NCL do not include these until you get to the final stages of booking.

As for the airline... good luck there... I have no idea what they will say.

If the sale is not for new bookings only you should be able to get the price reduction. You do not have to cancel and rebook (unless it is for new bookings only). Not sure why you are being told this. I'd call and try again.

Chances are if the new price IS for new bookings only you wouldn't be allowed to cancel and rebook anyway.

As far as the flight goes, who changed it and why? That may well make a difference whether you're charged for a change.

On the airlines, did they actually cancel your flight or move it to an earlier time? If they canceled the flight you have a good chance of changing it without an extra cost. This happened to us this last Feb when we booked our flight 9 months prior to Florida for our cruise. Because of the canceled flight we were put on standby and didn't have seats assigned to us. Be sure and confirm you have seating. The airlines cancel flights to save money and cram everbody on one flight rather than 2 half filled flights.:)

We had the airline change our flight time and we called and they changed it to a leter one no problem. There were seats left on the later plane. If we made a mistake and booked a too early flight, we would have had to pay the penalty. Have a great cruise!

When an airline cancels a flight and books you on another you must call them and explain why you need a later flight or a different flight. I was in Australia when I got an email from my TA saying our flight from NYC to Hawaii had been changed. The change was not only earlier but a longer flight, more stops. The TA could not switch the flight as they were a wholesaler and a flight with a half hour difference from our original was more expensive and not showing up on her screen.

So I phoned Delta and explained the situation to them. They were more than happy to oblige my request since they made the initial change.

Good Luck!

Laura

Additionally we booked our cruise for 6/23/07 on the NCL Spirit within the 45 day cancellation period. At around 20 days prior to cruising (about 10 days after we booked) the prices dropped. I contacted the TA regarding a price adjustment. She in turn contacted NCL. NCL would not issue a price adjustment due to the closeness of sailing, which I kind of expected, but thought it worth a shot.

She did however manage to get us upgraded from cat. HH to CC, we paid for guar. H cabin. Which I thought was very nice, since I didn't ask for it.

I would call NCL if you are unsure of the difference in price and ask them for the total amount, including port charges, taxes, etc. It may turn out to be the same amount as the price your TA is quoting you.

Again, Good Luck!

Laura

Thanks Laura and everyone else for your comments. I just got off the phone with NCL and the price showing on their site is the "final" price. I've got a call in to the TA now to see what her response will be. I would take an upgrade for the difference in money. Or, OBC for that amount. That would at least make me feel better.

I'll post back and let everyone know how it turns out. Thank you all again for your support.

Good news!! Was able to just "swap" over to the new price. TA had to place a call to NCL and guess the 'cruise gods' were with us. No cancellation and rebook, just move over to the new pricing...so easy. Guess it just depends who you talk to.

Haven't had a chance to talk to the airline yet, but from what I've read on here today, they will probably change flight for us since they changed the schedule. Keeping our fingers crossed and ready to go to Alaska!!!

Good news!! Was able to just "swap" over to the new price. TA had to place a call to NCL and guess the 'cruise gods' were with us. No cancellation and rebook, just move over to the new pricing...so easy. Guess it just depends who you talk to.

Haven't had a chance to talk to the airline yet, but from what I've read on here today, they will probably change flight for us since they changed the schedule. Keeping our fingers crossed and ready to go to Alaska!!!

Glad all worked out for you. My hubby found a lower price last year and it was a promotion so we changed rooms. The fare went down a few times so it was good. You just have to know the ropes about getting prices. It may not be easy all the time, but the "cruise God's" were with us, too.

Have a good trip.:)

Archived