FLL to Embassy Suites - Shuttle or taxi?

SmileMom

DH and I will be staying at the Embassy Suites prior to our July 16th cruise on the Enchantment.

Would it be easier for us to take the hotel shuttle or a taxi from the airport to the Embassy Suites? Pros and cons?

It depends whether your pefer price or time. It would be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle, but it would be faster to take a taxi. There are many taxis outside that you just hop right into and go. If you take the hotel shuttle, you might have to wait a while.

The Embassy suites is close to FLL. It is less than 2 miles away.

The cab fare with tip will be $12-15 max(probably). If that is no problem for you, take a cab. If the shuttle is passing and you can get it you will save the $.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites this past March, and there was not a shuttle from FLL to the hotel, only from the hotel to Port Everglades. The cab cost from the airport including tip was $14.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites this past March' date=' and there was not a shuttle from FLL to the hotel, only from the hotel to Port Everglades. The cab cost from the airport including tip was $14.[/quote']

Are the water taxis near, I mean, right outside the door to the Embassy Suites or must we walk a block or so. My husband has a walking problem. Thank you for your help.

No, the water taxis are not outside the door of Embassy Suites. While they are not far, it would be a significant walk for someone with difficulty (I know - I just had both knees replaced and the walk would have been too far for me). You would have to stay at one of the hotels that is right on the waterway, near the entrance to Port Everglades.

Thank you.

They had me fooled, what with the price of the hotel room including water taxi tickets. Will keep looking for a hotel on the water.

I think the closest, from what I understand, is the Fort Lauderdale Grande. The water taxi stop is right outside their door, and the hotel is directly across the street from the entrance to the port (assuming you are going on a cruise!!!)

Archived