General Reduction in European Cruise Prices?

calmac

I was just wondering (for the benefit of others) if all the European cruise prices have dropped or just the ones I'm going on? It might be worth looking at the prices if you've already booked or are thinking of booking.

We had a small price drop on the Gem's Dover to Barcelona cruise but a larger price drop on the Jade's Norwegian cruise next summer.

you must be on the MArch 30 from Barcelona to Istanbul!!! I just checked NCL website and that seems to be the only 2008 European price drop....and what a drop!!!

Good for you guys!!!

Donna-Lee

That's another one dropped in price then as March 30th we're on the Dream from Buenos Aires to Santiago.

Prices in the UK seem to be dropping too which is the first time I've seen that happen (but they probably don't let you have the reduced fare if you've already booked :rolleyes:).

I can tell you that Norwegian Jade 4/23/08 (12 nts Piraeus-Istanbul) has not dropped. But there are only 2 or 3 of that itinerary for the Jade in 2008, so that's probably why. Still lots of space available, though.....

Our cruise dropped $300 per person. I called NCL and they only wanted to credit me $90 per person - saying that was all it went down. I told them I clearly see $300 lower on their website and they gave me the price. Hopefully it will drop more sometime over this next year! But, if not - $600 less is not bad.

Hi calmac,

Would love to cruise with you folks again especially since Bob has decided that the North Sea won't bother his stomach?:eek::)

However, I've been monitoring several online TA's along with NCL's and can't find any give in prices yet. In fact, I can't even find a discount on NCL's "official" prices. One TA has also been watching for me and doesn't see any reductions yet either. Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

Next up for us: A quickie on the QM2 (4 nights).

I thought my Oct 21 7 Day Gem had dropped but they just opened up the two catregories L and N which could not be booked at the time I booked back in December ( I am in K).

I am still happy because even at the current price my total price is stll $400 below what NCL is asking for 2 people. :D :D

What was it before :eek: Just looked $3250 pp w/o ins. now for a balcony it must have been really high :rolleyes:

From ncl.com's booking engine the prices per person were originally

BD - $3,729

BA - $3,879

AF - $4,799

AB - $7,399 (now I wish I hadn't seen your wonderful cabin on the TA!!)

Not sure if these prices are with or without insurance and may not include fees and taxes - they are the ones displayed before you select your cabin category.

For the 3 of us the price of the BA dropped by $1,200 total so we upgraded to an AF for a reduction of $860 (all w/o insurance).

Not a cheap cruise but somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

Hi calmac' date='

Would love to cruise with you folks again especially since Bob has decided that the North Sea won't bother his stomach?:eek::)

However, I've been monitoring several online TA's along with NCL's and can't find any give in prices yet. In fact, I can't even find a discount on NCL's "official" prices. One TA has also been watching for me and doesn't see any reductions yet either. Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

Next up for us: A quickie on the QM2 (4 nights).[/quote']

Hi Barbara, hopefully the prices will drop again as this cruise is still over a year away! We could aim for a TA Mad Mariners reunion but hopefully with calm waters to make up for the seas in December. :D

Hope you enjoy the QM2 - one of my friends and her mum were on her last year on a TA and loved the ship.

From ncl.com's booking engine the prices per person were originally

BD - $3,729

BA - $3,879

AF - $4,799

AB - $7,399 (now I wish I hadn't seen your wonderful cabin on the TA!!)

Not sure if these prices are with or without insurance and may not include fees and taxes - they are the ones displayed before you select your cabin category.

For the 3 of us the price of the BA dropped by $1,200 total so we upgraded to an AF for a reduction of $860 (all w/o insurance).

Not a cheap cruise but somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

Ok so they have dropped about $400 pp w/o ins.

I spoke too soon (see my previous post).

Our Norwegian Jade cruise for April 2008 dropped drastically. We were able to upgrade one category and still save $860 ...

If you're cruising Europe in 2008, keep checking the NCL website....

We booked the Gems July 13 2008 sailing for 12 people in 4 cabins through a AAA TA about a month ago. Looking at the NCL web site the other day I noticed their prices were about $150.00 per cabin lower than I had been quoted. I called my TA expecting about a 600$ savings. I was shocked to find out we were saving over $2000.00!!

We are novice cruisers so can some one tell me why this happened so far in advance? Do I keep checking and call my TA every time I see a price change?

Hi guys,

Pricing in europe is getting competative at last, The other cruise lines seem to be cheaper than NCL on early bookings and have thing like free 3/4 adult on selected sailings, capacity in europe is increasing a lot over the next 12 months so if you don't get the passengers early you could be left with an empty ships on some sailings.

The Gem Oct Dov-Barc trip for this year is very open at the moment so we plan to get on that.

The Jewel sailing for the 12June Istam->Barc. came down to £399 including UK air/transfers.

The good prices will come but I don't think we will see Pearl trans pricing again

Archived