Help deciding Sky Deck vs Panorama, please

mocro

I'm being offered an FV room on the Sky level vs Panorama. Any opinion as to whether that would make a difference from the perspective of noise or overhang? Thanks!

I'm being offered an FV room on the Sky level vs Panorama. Any opinion as to whether that would make a difference from the perspective of noise or overhang? Thanks!

Panorama for sure. You don't want to be under the public area where you will hear the chairs being dragged on the floor above you. ;)

Depends on which FV cabins. If it's an outside on Sky vs non-outside on Panorama I'd go for outsite on Sky. Much larger wrap-around balcony + extra room in long hall entry. It's worth the minor noise from above to have these extras.

If it's outside vs outside I'd take Panorama deck.

If it's non-outside vs non-outside I'd take Panorama deck.

The overhangs are similar on both decks except for the extended and side portions of the outside FV cabins.

Hey, it's all good.

I know my existing room is FV-8168 on Panorama deck. I've not been on this ship before so excuse my ignorance, but I believe this is outside with no deck above us so perhaps so chair-dragging noise. Unless I'm reading the diagram incorrectly. I don't know the room # on the Sky but I believe it is not one of the 2 outside rooms (which are larger) but it would be outside - again I believe w/no deck above me. Does that change anything? Thanks again.

I know my existing room is FV-8168 on Panorama deck. I've not been on this ship before so excuse my ignorance, but I believe this is outside with no deck above us so perhaps so chair-dragging noise. Unless I'm reading the diagram incorrectly. I don't know the room # on the Sky but I believe it is not one of the 2 outside rooms (which are larger) but it would be outside - again I believe w/no deck above me. Does that change anything? Thanks again.

So, it changes nothing, that means they are both non-outsides (not on the corners). Therefore FV 8168 would be my choice over any non-corner FV on Sky deck. It is under FV 9158 and over FV 7204.

I was in FV 9199 on West Coast/Alaska 5/12/07 cruise on Summit and the noise from chairs moving on deck 10 above was not bad. And the guitar player/singer on deck 10 patio was nice to hear. He played/sang while we departed San Francisco and went under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Thank you so much for your reply. It didn't seem like much of a change to me, but I haven't seen the ship plus I'm not confident in my diagram-reading. I realize that when I look at the floor plan, it looks to me like nothing is above the rooms, but really nothing is above the balconies - while rooms are above rooms.

We had Aft FV 8168 on Summit 12th May sailing to Alaska, it is a great cabin you will certainly not be disappointed, John has given you great advice and believe me he is an expert.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

PS - Hi John, it was great to meet you and Carole (give her my love).

Leonie

Archived