Formal Night on a 3 day?

We are looking at taking a 3 night Bahamas cruise. The itenirary is Nassau, Cocoa Cay then next day back. Do they still have formal nights on such a short cruise? If they do, which night is it on? The day in Nassau the ship is docked from 11 am until 130 am. I didn't think they would have a formal night when many people wouldn't be on the ship??? By the way the ship is Sovereign of the Seas. TIA :)

Usually there is a formal night on every cruise, even a 3 day. I don't know what night it would be on your particular cruise, but I see your thread it at the bottom of the page. Once it gets to page 2, it will be lost ;)

I'm hoping someone who has been on this ship, this itinerary can give you more solid info :)

I will say that formal on a short cruise is nowhere near as dressy as a longer cruise.

Haven't been on Sovereign but we just came back from a 3 nighter on Navigator to Cork in Ireland(from Southampton). We were docked in Cork overnight on the second night but still had formal night and most people seemed to be in the dining room. We did notice however that the Captain's party before dinner was not well attended.

Julie

Formal night will be the 2nd evening. It can't be the 1st, since bags are still being delivered. It can't be the last, since folks are packing. It will be your night in Nassau. (You won't be missing a thing by being back on the ship for dinner--I swear!)

Archived