Cabana Rental on Pricess Cays- Let's Narrow This Down

CruiseFever

I talked with a Princess rep about this because our CC group were wondering about them. The Princess rep described them as very much like the clam shell picture that Chris provided. She was not very helpful with dimensions and when and how many would be available on the Island. She said they would start ariving on Princess Cays in late fall. We are going on the 9/18 sailing and I will report when I get back if someone does not do so earlier.

As one of the "regular" Roll Call posters on the CP 10-16 sailing, I HAVE a cabana :D ! (Noboby else but our group does that week!)

Actually since we have 4 people in our group, I technically have 4 cabanas :p . When I put in 4 people it gave me 4 cabanas, so I thought they were 1 per person. If they are HUGE I may have room for the rest of our Roll Call group! Some poor souls on our thread, like Bostonlass, were not committed enough to our Roll Call to check it 15-20 times per day...LOL!

Those of us who are truly obsessed :eek: grabbed all 20 cabanas in less than one day!

I'll post how it goes when we get back! Hope Francis does not blow the cabanas (and the whole island for that matter!) away before we get to them! I agree with a previous poster who said that island is HOT, HOT, HOT!

We just got our tickets for our Sept. 25 Caribbean Princess cruise and it had our Cabana rental listed on our shore excursions... Now lets hope that Frances doesn't blow all the cabanas away.... :eek:

Has anyone on a sailing earlier than 9/25 been able to sign up for a cabana???

I have booked 2 for the Caribbean Princess on November 6th........wasn't sure of the size, how many it holds etc..........I figure I can always cancel one if we get more information.........

Ours was listed on Page 3 of the excursions through the personalizer..........

Any info on these would be appreciated.

Jim

I just went in and booked 4 for our Oct. 30, Caribbean Princess Cruise. Figured it was better to grab them while I could, I can always go in and cancell later. SOMEBODY go and find out what the heck I just rented four of!!!!

I just went in and booked 4 for our Oct. 30, Caribbean Princess Cruise. Figured it was better to grab them while I could, I can always go in and cancell later. SOMEBODY go and find out what the heck I just rented four of!!!!

I just hope Princess Cays is there when we go!

A very early report this morning from the weather channel indicated damage may not be as extensive as first feared...........now........I'm not talking Princess Cays per se.........but the island..........early reports were winds were 100 mph which is significant but not the 140mph winds at about mid day yesterday......

maybe there is some hope the damage isn't too bad.....

Even if the damage isn't too bad, I somehow doubt my cabana I rented for 3 weeks from now will be there. That's even if we go to Princess Cays....

and now there is another TS lurking, Ivan is off the coast of Africa!!!!

Hello cruisers .....

I'll be sailing on the CP 11/27 and would like to know more about the cabanas at Princess Cays too. I know what you typically get on Florida beaches (like Chris' picture).

I also wonder if it's just the shell, are chairs/loungers in them and how many people can comfortably sit in one?

Anyone have any first-hand experience with them yet? :confused:

Thanks,

Diane :cool:

This might sound stupid but what do you need a cabana for? I will be visiting the Princess Cay in February for the first time. I assumed we would wear our swim suits off the ship and that we'd stay on the beach. Is there more to see that we'd want to change or something? Is the cabana just for changing?

If you've never been to Princess Cays, IMO, the best thing to do is rent a float. Take it out by the net-thingy that's way out in the water, away from all the snorkelers. Bring a drink, lay back and relax for hours! It's truly the best place in the world!

BTW - The last time we were at PC, it was so windy that the used ketchup packets from the BBQ area were flying like crazy. They kept sticking to everyone and leaving little ketchup marks that looked like blood.

Hi

We also pre-reserved a cabana online at the Princess website. I was told by a past cruiser that you only need one cabana for 2 people. Hopefully that's the case. We also rented the sea boards for $5/hr on the website (although in the little booklet Princess sent us, it says $5 for 1/2 hr) So maybe you get a deal if you pre-reserve?

Alyce

I just called Princess and they said the cabanas are like the "clam shell" cabanas you see on the Florida beaches (Chris' pic). The Princess agent told me that you have to get your own chairs/lounges, but they will cover up to 6 chairs.

Anyway, there were only 20 listed as available on my cruise personalizer so I went ahead and reserved one. It asks for how many adults and I just entered "one" at $8.00.

Also took Lady Jag's advice and reserved several floats at $5.00 each for the day. :)

If anyone knows or finds out anything different, please let us know - thanks!

Hope this helps!

Diane :cool:

Diane.....actually they aren't "like" clam shells, the "are" clam shells. You are much better off if you are a little itty bitty person and you an then squeeze into them.....:D

It looks like we are not going to be on the same ships at the same time for awhile!

Aka says hello and so do I.

We reserved cabanas for 2 today on CP for 11/6 sailing. Hoping the best for Princess Cays and the surrounding islands. I understand most of the Princess staff from the Cays don't live there. This is our first cruise and we just want to learn and enjoy the cruise feel!... Gonna post a thread about St. Marteen shore excursions. If anybody has some pre ideas, lettemrip!!!!!!

[quote name='isujim']I have booked 2 for the Caribbean Princess on November 6th........wasn't sure of the size, how many it holds etc..........I figure I can always cancel one if we get more information.........

Ours was listed on Page 3 of the excursions through the personalizer..........

Any info on these would be appreciated.

Jim[/QUOTE]
Jim, I booked 2 cabana's for the 11/06 CP sailing. Seems like they may handle two chairs. If so, I will prob only need one. I will post something on the roll call in case anybody is interested.

• 5 weeks later...
John:

The picture I saw (if the same type) will hold 2 chairs but sure looks like a tight fit..........I think we'll keep our 2 and have some space unless they are huge when we get there..........as you hoping for the best and that we get to stop there.

Jim

Archived