Done with work for next 2 weeks, leaving Thursday on AOS cruise, wahoo!!!!

Well, Good Evening everyone......well, I am done with work for the next 2 weeks, wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave on Sunday for Pensacola with my daughter, Sarah for 3 days for her college orientation. Should be pretty neat and I am just as excited as she is I think. We get back late afternoon on Wednesday and then leave bright and early Thurs. morning for the airport and our flight down to San Juan. I am getting so excited, I can hardly stand it!!! I am running around the house singing and dancing .....my poor husband thinks I have totally gone nuts!!! Oh well. Well, hope you all have a great night and a great weekend,...the countdown is officially on...thank god!!! It's been a long wait.:p ;) :D

The best part of the cruise is off the ship in places like Curacao and St Thomas. Be sure to explore downtown Curacao; last week we found a couple new places to eat and one had a sea view. There are two places right on the canal so you can watch the ships and the swing bridge. Another area is on the sea and is called the Arches. If you like interesting Belgian beer, try Kwak at the Plein Cafe Wilhelminia near Wilhelminia Park. In St Thomas be sure to go over to the actual downtown and explore the shopping in the old warehouses; if you like old houses, swimming pools with great views, take the tour to Blackbeard's castle. Or go under water with the Atlantis sub or BOSS scooters. And there is always the America's Cup race in St Maarten.

The best part of the cruise is off the ship in places like Curacao and St Thomas. Be sure to explore downtown Curacao; last week we found a couple new places to eat and one had a sea view. There are two places right on the canal so you can watch the ships and the swing bridge. Another area is on the sea and is called the Arches. If you like interesting Belgian beer, try Kwak at the Plein Cafe Wilhelminia near Wilhelminia Park. In St Thomas be sure to go over to the actual downtown and explore the shopping in the old warehouses; if you like old houses, swimming pools with great views, take the tour to Blackbeard's castle. Or go under water with the Atlantis sub or BOSS scooters. And there is always the America's Cup race in St Maarten.

We are doing the Barbados route, not the Aruba one. But, will be visiting St. Thomas, and St. Maartin. We have booked 2 excursions thru the ship and 1 in Antigua thru a private tour. I am sure I will make the most of every moment, believe me.

Divadisney- I will be doing the Barbados route in Sept- barring any hurricanes. I did the Aruba route last November and loved it so much that we will be doing this one. Let me know about the tours and shopping( always high on my list) on these islands. Enjoy! Congratulation for your grad.

Archived