NCL Bermuda from Boston 2008

Larrydano

Is there any information for NCL's plans in regards to Bermuda cruises from Boston in 2008.

I have heard rumor that the Majesty will not be part of NCL's fleet next year.

Larry

Where have you been :D They have been booking the Dream summer 2008 out of Boston for a while. Majesty will be in Philly and Baltimore.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_051407_Berm

NCL Corporation today announced the largest deployment to Bermuda in the company’s history with itineraries from five East Coast cities. The Bermuda itineraries include: Norwegian Dawn sailing from New York, featuring the city’s only seven-day cruise to Bermuda; Norwegian Dream replacing Norwegian Majesty sailing from Boston offering Boston’s only Bermuda cruise; and Norwegian Majesty sailing to Bermuda from three cities: Philadelphia, Baltimore and Charleston. Bermuda itineraries are on sale now.

We were thinking about booking the Dream while we're on the Majesty next month, but we've decided we're going to wait until about a month before we want to go and get a better price. It does no good to book in advance (unless you're one of the lucky ones who booked the Gem over a year out...:mad: ) because of course the prices don't drop until after final payment is due, and then you can't get the price adjustment.:rolleyes:

The prices on the Dream (as well as most of the NCL ships) are outrageous right now!

We were thinking about booking the Dream while we're on the Majesty next month, but we've decided we're going to wait until about a month before we want to go and get a better price.

That's what our plan was for the Majesty's first Boston to Bermuda this year, but the price never fell. In fact, it went up. We were sitting all ready, Jim's sister and BIL were going as well. I waited for final payment and then checked daily only to see the prices not change or go up.

Since I learned so much from that experience, I'm doing the same thing for the October 30 Boston to Bermuda. It may be very popular as it's the last Majesty Boston cruise. But it may not be popular because it is 5 days and is only one overnight in Bermuda.

You were going in May, right? I'm surprised the prices didn't drop, because that's usually a very inexpensive month to go.

We booked our upcoming cruise on the Majesty while we were on the Dawn in March. Since final payment the price has dropped $460!!:mad:

Hey, if you can't get a decent price on the 10/30 cruise, you should come with us on the Noordam on 10/31 -- can't believe what a deal we got on that cruise!! I hated to "jump ship" but NCL is driving us away with their prices...

Hey, if you can't get a decent price on the 10/30 cruise, you should come with us on the Noordam on 10/31 -- can't believe what a deal we got on that cruise!! I hated to "jump ship" but NCL is driving us away with their prices...

The Majesty is good for us because it's Sunday to Thursday, so we won't have to miss any of my son's football games.

I know what you mean about the prices. I just love driving to Boston for a cruise and it will be our 20th anniversary so I'm biting the bullet on the Dream for next year, though I'm still torn on that balcony.

The Majesty actually would have been the last week in April. That's why I was so surprised there was no price reduction, but plenty of availability.

Archived