Breakfast on Mercury

prakmel

We are taking the Alaska cruise on Mercury in July. The boat is scheduled to dock at 7 a.m.

1. Since we are not immediately flying out and are not in any rush, I wish to know whether breakfast is served on the last day i.e. Friday.

2. Presuming it is, when would be the latest one could leave ship?

Many thanks and much obliged.

Also if anybody has recently taken this Alaska cruise on the Mercury, could they please inform of any must-do things - whether it has to do with the food on board, the activities on the ship, or the on-shore trips. Much obliged

Yes, breakfast is served the last day before you disembark.

Unfortunately, you always have to leave the ship early. The crew has to start cleaning the rooms for the other guests while you are having breakfast. Even though we stayed a couple of days in Seattle we were off the ship by 9:30 am

You must try the waffles!!!!!!

Yes, breakfast is served the last day before you disembark.

Unfortunately, you always have to leave the ship early. The crew has to start cleaning the rooms for the other guests while you are having breakfast. Even though we stayed a couple of days in Seattle we were off the ship by 9:30 am

You must try the waffles!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. So we can eat our breakfast and then leave. Super.

Re the waffles, is that part of the daily breakfast or is there a special location to try them. Thanks in advance.

Waffles are served daily at the pizza/pasta bar near the palm springs pool. Was on Mercury about a month ago. Loved it! The crew, food and ship were excellent. Make sure you attend Brent Nixons presentations. They are not to be missed

We usually try to take a late enough flight (early to mid afternoon) that we're not in a nervous rush to get off the ship. Breakfast is served in all the normal venues on the ship, although room service might be limited, and times end later than usual. On our last cruise (Constellation) the dining room service ended at 8:30 and the buffet at 9am.

We've also found that the dining room is your best bet the last morning. The buffet tends to be very busy with so many people eating there at the same time. In fact, the last day of our cruises is usually the only time we have breakfast in the dining room.

There will be a check out time for your stateroom posted in the last nights daily bulletin - probably 8:30AM. We usually try to be completely packed up between 7:30 and 8, store our carry-on's in the closet - and let our room stewards know we'll be back to pick them up after breakfast. We also usually let them know it is OK to start preparing the room before then, since these people have so much work to do on that day.

We've also found that if we don't disembark until a little while after our color is called, that we can avoid some of the craziness in finding our luggage when everyone for a given "color" is crawling over each other trying to find their luggage in a small area of the terminal. If we wait a little bit then it is much easier to find our luggage and not crowded in our color's area. Of course every now and then the only choice in flights is an early flight, or we have post cruise plans we're anxious to get started on, so we do the rush occasionally. But it is nice to take a relaxing time getting off the ship when we can.

Breakfast is served in the Dining room and up on the buffet on the

last day.

The hours are usually in the 6am to 9am range. I can't recall

exactly but they will let you know the day before. (It is printed

in the Daily).

As for disembarking, I always have later flights and always

request being in the last group off~I sailed Mercury in March to the Mexican Riveria

and was able to disemark around 10-10:30, that is about as late

as you will get. It was great, luggage in the terminal was

easy to find and the crowds had already cleared!

I also sailed Mercury to Alaska last summer and agree

with 3213dev about Brent Nixon. He was informative and

fun...his lectures were outstanding:)

And I also 2nd the Waffle suggestion:D They are delicious!

Waffles are served daily at the pizza/pasta bar near the palm springs pool. Was on Mercury about a month ago. Loved it! The crew, food and ship were excellent. Make sure you attend Brent Nixons presentations. They are not to be missed

Dev, he was great wasn't he?:D I was on Mercury last summer

(first trip to Alaska) and it was fabulous:)

You went last month? Must have been one of the first Alaska

sailings of the season.

Who was your waiter?

Make sure you get your fill of waffles and 'made to order' omelets at the breakfast buffet before the last morning of the cruise. On the Infinity last month, these two specialty buffet stations were closed :( on the last morning. They did have all of the normal hot food areas open.

Les

Unfortunately, Brent Nixon leaves Mercury 6/21 and moves Century. But I second the waffles!

Oh, shoot! I've heard such good things about him. Oh, well. I'm sure that whomever replaces him will be great, too. I loved Leneh Trowbridge on the Summit last year.

How many enrichment lectures will there be on a 7-day cruise?

Archived