Dinner Times

crisvow

we are taking our 10 month old son on RCI in Jan. 08'. we are going with other family members. they have reserved late seating which is 8:30pm, and i am just wondering what time other families with infants have done with regard to seating time. any advice or suggestions would be great!!! thanks!!

We have taken 2 cruises with babies. One was 5 months, one was 10. I think that under the age of 1 is a great time to cruise. As for dining, I don't think you have much to worry about. Mine were a little younger, but they either ate with us (chewed on bread, empty ice cream cones, cheerios, etc) or slept in 2 chairs pushed together. The staff was VERY accomodating. The waiters would beg us to hold our sons. They really enjoyed being with babies and in turn we received excellent service. It was very enjoyable, just be prepared for diaper changes, or walking in the hallway to stop tears. We had a wonderful experience. I hope you do too!

On every cruise I have been on they are great with kids. They truly love children and miss theirs at home.

In fact, it is really on in the US, Germany and England that children are to be scene and not heard. In my experience, Italians, Spaniards, Indians, Polynesians, Asians, Eastern Europeans and Latin Americans include children in their festivities and dining experiences. So it is really a foreign concept to the crew that we exclude them from the days events. They love kids. I have spoken to many crew members over the years and they miss their children terribly. Because of this, they play with my son and light up when we are around. When I was pregant and cruised- the crew couldn't have been nicer. One steward (not mine) would say things like "you are a strong woman"- when he would see me walk by. These cultures really value family.

Oh no! I could never do late seating on a cruise...but that's just me. Our dinner time at home is closer to the Main Seating time of 6pm and eating at 8:30-10pm, I would be sleeping in my soup. :eek:

Main Seating usually has more families with kids.

Unless you think that you can feed your child beforehand and he will be ASLEEP during Late Seating (in a stroller or a carrier)...then I wouldn't risk Late Seating with a baby.

I know that even my kids (ages 3 and 7) get cranky from 8pm-10pm so I couldn't imagine having a baby that is awake during that time.

Also, on some nights of the Late Seating your show is BEFORE dinner. I don't know about you but I can't get in the mood of a show unless I have a full stomach. I like to eat, THEN go to the show. And at that point, your son might be sleeping through the show, which is good. :D

Do you think your family members would be willing to switch?

Archived