Norweigen Coastal Voyages

TravelingMan47

I'll be taking a Fjiord cruise on August 2 from Bergen to Kirkennes. Will anyone else be on board? I'm sure it won't be anything like the RSVP transAtlantic but all I need is just one like mindede traveler.

Has anyone done these trips. Is there anything to do except look at the scenery?>i

I'll be taking a Fjiord cruise on August 2 from Bergen to Kirkennes. Will anyone else be on board? I'm sure it won't be anything like the RSVP transAtlantic but all I need is just one like mindede traveler.

Has anyone done these trips. Is there anything to do except look at the scenery?>i

This is one of the most beautiful trips you can ever take. But it's not a cruise, to me it's something in between a nordic ferry and a cruiseship. The ship tends to dock for a very short time in small little ports. I considered the Lofoten area with a visit to Trollfjord as the most spectacular.

There are no organized activities onboard, bring some good books and enjoy the scenery. Food is not cruiseship style but adequate. Portions might be on the small side for American tastes.

The only thing which can be bad is the weather. We had lots of rain, storm, fog and low hanging clouds on our last trip. So bring warm clothing and rain clothing!

From Bergen you should take the train to Oslo. Look up http://www.nsb.no and you can book a ticket as cheap as 199NOK one way (approx 30 USD)

Enjoy your Hurtigruten trip

Archived