Pride of America repos???

bobnsandi

The NCL web site lists Pride of America repos scheduled for June/July 2005: New York > Miami; Miami > Los Angeles; and San Francisco > Honolulu. We called our TA yesterday to check fares and availability, and were advised that the repos are not "in the computer". The TA's telco to NCL yielded nothing (in fact, the NCL agent asked the TA for the URL that lists the itineraries.)

Anyone else attempt to book any of these repos?

Hey...Bob and Sandi - what are the dates for the last leg?? Maybe I should think about that instead of Alaska...???

Emi

Hola Emi, great pix of you.

The URL listing the repo dates is http://ncl.com/itinerary/it_pam.htm. We're thinking of taking the NYC > MIA and the MIA > LAX cruises. Which are you thinking of?

Wouldn't it be great we we could "do" the canal together? Especially if Charles Nahale is on board!!! Heck, let's make that the Hawai`i CC cruise instead of Alaska.

Aloha.

Oh!! That would be the bomb!! We would just have to make sure he was there! Annette's convention is in Reno 7/8 through 7/14 - what is 13 days after 6/25??? Will we be able to make it??

I wonder if I could afford 13 days?? Guess I'll just have to keep working my fingers to the bone!

Emi

Hey...I looked at the calendar here at my office. 6/25 plus 13 days makes it 7/7, I think - that would be PERFECT!!! Woooo hooooo....hmmmmm.....Let's see...we would have to fly to Miami then LAX to Reno and fly back from here from Reno...gonna check on this year's prices for flights like that and see how bad it is....

Emi

Hey...I looked at the calendar here at my office. 6/25 plus 13 days makes it 7/7, I think - that would be PERFECT!!! Woooo hooooo....hmmmmm.....Let's see...we would have to fly to Miami then LAX to Reno and fly back from here from Reno...gonna check on this year's prices for flights like that and see how bad it is....

Emi

Check again ;) Arrive in LA on Fri. I believe that is the 8th but you can race to Reno :D

You could be (and probably are) right - but I think it is close enough...I don't think it takes that long to get to Reno from LAX...and maybe the conference things won't really get started until evening since it is a weekday. ???? I'm hoping you're wrong though...lol!!!

Emi

NCL asked me for the link to there site for the initial NCL Jewel sailings too. I was calling for prices on one of the European cruises and they acted like I was crazy. Once I pointed him to the sailings on the NCL site he of course informed me they had no prices yet. He did thank me for pointing them out to him. Only NCL....

...Snip.... Only NCL....

But we still enjoy them with all their warts :D

I would rather see them continue to cut corners on their landbased operations then their onboard product. I still think they should fire the MIS director :D Two college kids and a 50K budget could build a better site.

Originally posted by shoreguy:

Will NCL discount it as a startup or threat it as one time chance to be the first onboard a new ship.

Well from where I stand and what I have read about PO Aloha I would definately find it threatening to be on one of the first cruises:D

Gardencat

It will be interesting to see the pricing when it comes out. Will NCL discount it as a startup or threat it as one time chance to be the first onboard a new ship.

Us too, which is why we contacted our TA as soon as the itineraries were posted. We were booked on the PoAmerica's original canal repo and it was very competitively priced (with a killer itinerary), which is why we were so disappointed when the cruise was cancelled. We're hoping NCL will continue its policy of being competitively priced.

Re. new ship teething problems... To us, that'll be part of the adventure. I'm convinced what you get out of an experience is 10% the experience and 90% your attitude. We really enjoy Freestyle Cruising as we're not "dressy" folks and find dining with different people a big plus.

Emi... Keep us in the loop re. your plans. We're also exploring the possibility of taking the SFO > HNL repo, spend a few days in HNL, and then see if we can get on the first part (HNL > OGG) of the initial interisland cruise. BUT, all is up in the air until NCL gets the trips in the computer and our TA can give us some prices. If you could be on the trans-canal repo, that'll help us make our decision to book that cruise. Would Annette be able to come?

I'm sure Annette will come too - which is in part why I am concerned about which day we arrive in LAX - she will be Exaulted Ruler of the Elks Lodge next year and has to attend a convention in Reno from 7/8 through 7/14...that is a MUST do - so other plans have to be arranged around that.

I hope the prices are competitive...I could probably afford it then...*smile*

I checked on airline "prices" from here to Miami and then LAX to Reno (RT) and LAX to Kona...not too bad really - that's just an estimate from this year's price...but it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Emi

NCL asked me for the link to there site for the initial NCL Jewel sailings too. I was calling for prices on one of the European cruises and they acted like I was crazy. Once I pointed him to the sailings on the NCL site he of course informed me they had no prices yet. He did thank me for pointing them out to him. Only NCL....

I meant no disrespect with my post. I will continue to call or have my T/A call until NCL realizes the cruises are on the Website and have pricing for them.

HAL and RCI have similar cruises at the same time but after my GOOD POA experience I will stick with NCL. I too love the excitement of a new ship and all the funny things that happen.

If the Jewel European itens never materialize I will book a repo on the America.

Hmmm..this thread got me thinking!! We are sailing on the WIND on Sept. 11th...SOOOO....that means our next cruise is almost over and it is time to start thinking about our next-next cruise!! Anticipation is half the fun.

We have always wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise, and knowing how reasonably priced repo cruises usually are...hmmmmm..

It is hard to get my husband off of the islands. He does not enjoy flying, but having the long flt. to MIA before the cruise and the shorter one back from LAX after the cruise sounded doable to him. hmmmmm....

We would not have any problems being "pioneers" on the Pride of America. We don't dwell on the little kinks or problems that crop up now and then. I always go to the "checker in training" line at the supermarket. Everyone needs time to learn and feel comfortable with a new job...and a ship's crew is no different. My only concern is if the POAm is not ready in time...so many new ships are delayed out of the shipyard....but I guess the POAm has been over in Germany LONG enough!! Would hate to have another cruise canceled...after the disappointment of the STAR May2nd repo being canceled. But, we survived and are looking forward to the WIND in a few weeks.

So, let's keep this thread going and get the prices as soon as they come out. This is an exciting one to think about!!! Hmmmm.....

I think this will be a good one for us to get a group together on...how fun!! I really do wonder if Charles Nahale can be on this one to entertain us??? I should call him and ask him. He is such a sweatheart and I'd like to see him again.

Has anyone else counted out the days?? What day do you think is the last day? 13 days from 6/25....

Emi

I think this will be a good one for us to get a group together on...how fun!! I really do wonder if Charles Nahale can be on this one to entertain us??? I should call him and ask him. He is such a sweatheart and I'd like to see him again.

Has anyone else counted out the days?? What day do you think is the last day? 13 days from 6/25....

Emi

Emi

Just go to the itinerary at NCL it shows day by day with arrival in LA on Fri.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sat. Miami, Florida - - 5:00pm

Sun. At sea

Mon. Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00am 5:00pm

Tue. At sea - - - -

Wed. Puerto Limon,

Costa Rica 9:00am 7:00pm

Thu. Transit the Panama Canal - - - -

Fri. At sea - - - -

Sat. Puntarenas,

Costa Rica 7:00am 4:00pm

Sun. At sea - - - -

Mon. At sea - - - -

Tue. At sea - - - -

Wed. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:00am 3:00pm

Thu. At sea - - - -

Fri. Los Angeles, California 8:00am*

Thanks Shoreguy: That is just the info I needed. 8 am is good - because it isn't much of a plane ride from LAX to Reno. I think it is doable for my friend...they will probably be expecting a lot of people to get there in the afternoon or evening that first day of the convention.

Emi

I called NCL today about something else and asked the person when the prices would come out for this cruise and he said they were already out and gave me a couple of quotes. They are at home though, but I was asking about different inside categories and they were running between $3400 and $3600 or something like that for 2 with all the different fees. But...you can call and get a quote if you want.

Emi

... they were running between $3400 and $3600 or something like that for 2 with all the different fees.

Mahalo for the prices Em. They're pretty much what we thought they'd be. For this year's cancelled sailing NCL was quoting ~$4400 for two w/ all fees in a balcony (BG). BUT, that was an eighteen day cruise, not thirteen...

Re. airline... We thought we'd buy Kahului / LA round trip and try to redeem mileage for the LA to Miami leg. Can't ever seem to get enuf miles for Hawai`i / mainland.

I also got that email from Aloha Airlines...sounds good...but I have not read the fine print yet. Might this be the start of some sort of a competition for inter-island air? We can only hope!!!!

Kapoho - Wouldn't that be nice!! We should be able to get from island to island without paying a fortune!! I can't wait for the ferry...that should be nice. Used to take the ferries all the time in the Seattle area.

Emi

Although the above stated prices are inline with other cruises that transit the Panama Canal, they seem a bit high to me considering that the POA stops at very few ports in comparison to others that make the same trek. Perhaps they are banking on the fact that very few, if any, do a full transit of the canal during the summer.

Archived