Photographers

Mary12684

Since there are no formal nights on Azamara, I was wondering when the professional photographers take formal portraits. Do they just set up every night, or is it maybe only on days at sea or something? I assume they still take the usual embarkation and dinner table pictures, right?

Thanks!

Since we will not be sailing on Journey until August, I obviously cannot comment on her, I did notice that this past year on the Millennium, there was an obvious lack of shipboard photography. There was no embarkation photo taken and there was only spotty coverage after that. Personally, I didn't mind.

The photographer was taking photos on boarding for our cruise, and during sailaway from NJ. The first two days on shore, they were taking photos at the end of the gangplank, first with a pirate and then with some poor soul in a dolphin costume. We saw photos taken at dinner, but we never actually saw the photographer in the dining room, probably because we ate fairly late. I can say for sure that they had the photo backdrops for more formal portraits set up on the last two nights of the cruise, and I think they did on some other nights, but I can't remember which ones.

Lisa

I saw a photographer in the dining room every night. I also saw them in the Looking Glass for numerous events (Twist off contest, etc). We took formal pictures on Monday and Friday nights, and I think that we saw them set-up either on the 4th or 5th floor every night.

The prices were high, I thought. The price was either $20 or $25 for an 8 by 10 paper. For one page, we got a 5 by 7, a 3 by 5, and 2 wallets for that price. For another page, we got just one 8 by 10 and it was $25.

I was disappointed in how they presented them. For the dinner shots, and the ones getting off the gangplank... they put the picture, then a border around it of some sort... might have said "Azamara Journey" and had pictures of the dining room for the dinner picture, for example. They made it into an 8 by 10 and sold it for $20. I would have liked just my husband and I in a 5 by 7 for $10. Since it was the 8 by 10, we didn't buy it.

We also got our photo taken before we left Cape Liberty in the terminal, and the photographers were present at the Sail Away party and really, a lot of different places throughout the trip. We were pleased with how many pictures they got of us (although we didn't buy most of them).

Just off the Journey June 9-16 sailing.

Sorry to say the pictures were way overpriced. $14.98 for pictures getting off ship in port, $16.98 for embarkation pictures, $19.98 for dining room pictures all the way up to $25. for formal pics. Most pictures were actually 5x7's with borders around to make them into 8x10. If they were smart they would lower the prices and sell 2-3 times more pics. Not many people buying at those prices.

Archived