Power Points in Cabin

Hi

I'm travelling on Pacific Dawn in November and am wanting to know if anyone has any info on the powerpoint situation on any Australian P&O Ships. I am in an Electric Wheelchair and use a machine to help me breathe at night. I am concerned about not being able to recharge my wheelchair and use my Ventilator at the same time, am worried it might short circuit the room.

I have spoken to P&O and they have no clue really and was hoping someone had been on one of their ships and used a number of appliances at once. This may give me more information.

Thank you for any advice given.

Hi

I'm travelling on Pacific Dawn in November and am wanting to know if anyone has any info on the powerpoint situation on any Australian P&O Ships. I am in an Electric Wheelchair and use a machine to help me breathe at night. I am concerned about not being able to recharge my wheelchair and use my Ventilator at the same time, am worried it might short circuit the room.

I have spoken to P&O and they have no clue really and was hoping someone had been on one of their ships and used a number of appliances at once. This may give me more information.

Hi scooterrach.

I am sorry I can't help regarding your electric wheelchair.

if your machine for breathing is a c-pap machine, you will need an adaptor (for U.S.A, 2 OR 3 PINS), my husband needs that for breathing at night. we also take an extension cord.

you must be able to recharge somewhere because I have been on cruises where electric wheelchair bound people were on board.

hope someone else can help you. kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi

I would hope that P&O can provide the information that you need.

This info is on their website:

Q What type of electrical sockets are onboard?

A All cabins are fitted with an Australian 3-point plug or adaptor, providing 220/240 volts at 60 hertz. If you are travelling with any medical apparatus please advise us in writing at time of booking, so we can send you an information sheet and ensure that this apparatus will operate onboard.

Good Luck,

Thank you very much for your assistance! This makes more sense to me now. I haven't actually booked it yet, so I will be in the morning! And yes I'll be talking extensivly to P&O.:)

Hi again scooter. I am going back on board the Sun this sunday, will be home on the 28th june. I will find out at pursers desk what's the go for your wheelchair.

I will let you know when I get home

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Thank you very much for your assistance! This makes more sense to me now. I haven't actually booked it yet, so I will be in the morning! And yes I'll be talking extensivly to P&O.:)

They have someone in Sydney office who specifically deals with issues like this and forwards the information directly to the ship. Luckily (assuming it is still the same person) she used to work on board so she has a good idea of how things go on board. Simply make sure you let P&O know in plenty of time (not like some who leave it til the last minute) what your needs are and they will help I'm sure.

Archived