Saw this topic on another thread

Was visiting the RC threads and they had one about, "what is the one thing that another passenger has done that made you furious?" They had some pretty interesting stories, so I thought it might be fun to do it here on the Carnival threads. Anyone have any great stories to share?

There is nothing that a stranger could ever do to make me furious, I unlike the classless people that worry that what someone wears determines if they have class or not, could care less about other passengers, as long as I am not being physically assaulted - in which case I would remediate the situation, but doubt I would be furious :confused:

You know this is a great post for the floataway lounge, nothing to do with Carnival specifically, people with class would know that :p

There is nothing that a stranger could ever do to make me furious, I unlike the classless people that worry that what someone wears determines if they have class or not, could care less about other passengers, as long as I am not being physically assaulted - in which case I would remediate the situation, but doubt I would be furious :confused:

You know this is a great post for the floataway lounge, nothing to do with Carnival specifically, people with class would know that :p

Hey, no need to be insulting, people w/ class would have just kept quiet if they didn't feel they could add anything to the topic.:p ;)

The RC site, had it listed on their pages, so I felt this is where it should go. The topics they were discussing were not about clothing but rather had to do w/ people being rude or acting obnoxious. For example, people eating and licking their fingers while in the buffet line or a woman popping her husbands zits in the hot-tub and using that water to rinse to her hands. It was those kinds of topics.

ARGH!!!!! I had a whole post typed and it got "lost" so my shorter version answer (lol) is that I can't stand it when people treat the "workers" on the ship badly...like when they don't thank the drink waiters for a drink, etc. It's not that hard to display some common courtesies such as "thank you", etc. I am a "go with the flow" kind of person and not much upsets me but I get upset when I see that because I see how hard these people work...

ARGH!!!!! I had a whole post typed and it got "lost" so my shorter version answer (lol) is that I can't stand it when people treat the "workers" on the ship badly...like when they don't thank the drink waiters for a drink, etc. It's not that hard to display some common courtesies such as "thank you", etc. I am a "go with the flow" kind of person and not much upsets me but I get upset when I see that because I see how hard these people work...

Good manners are essential and I couldn't agree w/ you more. when anyone does something for you you should always say thank you and if you are asking them for something a please is a must. I also don't like to see children not using their manners, a product of their parents I am sure. My DD 10 orders for herself and she remembers most of the time to say please and thank you and if she forgets a gentle reminder from me or Dad and then she usually looks up to the waiter/waitress and says thank you or whatever was needed.

on my first cruise, after standing in line for a fairly good amount of time for the midnight buffet 3 woman came up to me and asked if it would be okay if they got it front of me - because they weren't going to eat any real food - they were only there for the desert and if they got on the end of the line they were afraid there wouldn't any left. When I replied to them that it wouldn't be fair to the people who had stood on the line for all that time - they proceeded to move down the line behind me asking every 3rd or 4th person the same thing (we were a group of 18 and I was first - so they didn't get very far with my group) I wasn't furious and we did laugh about it later on - but at the moment -

I know I'll probably jinx myself saying this (like I did recently when I posted that I'd never encountered a particular problem, only to have it happen days later), but.... I've been disappointed in a fellow passenger, I've been embarrassed for a fellow passenger, but I've (so far) been extremely lucky to never have someone make me 'furious' while on a cruise. I hope that good furtune continues forever.

Sorry to say but, I have found alot of people not polite off the ships. I have not cruised yet (just 9 more days):D anyway, I can imagine if people are rude at the local wally world then, I know to expect it when they are on vacation.:( Just hope I don't let it bother me like it did yesterday.:mad: I want to enjoy my cruise, but now I'm a little worried that others feel like it is only their vacation and ______ with everyone else. Just might have to say something to them. Note to self: Just walk away....which is just too hard to do sometimes.:o

BreezyBreeze: Hope you enjoy your cruise. The only crowds are embarkation, disembarkation and the buffet. I think most of the passengers are pretty good about being polite and no matter because the crew is usually top notch and so hard working.

I'm calling Bull Sh*t here .... you have yet to meet me:D

Guess you haven't been learned yet

Tom

BreezyBreeze: Hope you enjoy your cruise. The only crowds are embarkation, disembarkation and the buffet. I think most of the passengers are pretty good about being polite and no matter because the crew is usually top notch and so hard working.

Thanks,

I hear great things about the crew and most of the passengers seem friendly. So I'am looking forward to having a blast, who knows I might meet some of the nicest people ever. Just like I did here:D

Out of five cruises, only once have I "taken on" a fellow passenger. It was on Liberty in February, when we were seated in row three of the main lounge for one of the production shows and a guy decided to save the rest of the row (about 10 seats) by throwing down decks of cards on the benches. When 5 minutes before show time arrived and people were looking for seats, I invited another couple to join us, over the protests of Mr. Seat Saver - who called me "rude." His family finally showed up right before showtime - they had been in the shops. And there was plenty of room for them, even with two less seats.

I don't usually let what others do bother me. My biggest complaint was unsupervised kids and teans. Don't get me wrong. They didn't bother me.They worried me. I saw a girl who was about 8 or 9 in an elevator by herself eating an ice cream cone., She got off on the 6th floor and she looked lost. WHERE WERE HER PARENTS??? I also saw quite a few underage teens who were obviously drunk. One boy, who couldn't have been more than 17, was knocking on all the cabins on our hall about 10:00 am, looking for the cabin he had spent the night in. He was still wasted and he had hickeys all over his neck. He didn't know which cabin he had just come out of and he had left his wallet in the room. I got the room steward to help him. The boy knew the names of the FOUR girls he was with and the room steward knew what room they were in. He took him to get his wallet. I just think these kids should have been better supervised by their parents.

I've thought hard about "What is the one thing that another passenger has done that made you furious?"

Maybe because in my youth, I live in a college dorm for four years or maybe because I'm not a Type A person or maybe because I really don't have any feelings but I can't recall any moments like this. I really have tried to think if I have and can't come up with any examples.

I am probably very lucky or I'm the person everyone else get's furious with. Can't say any other passenger has made this an issue with me.

Two things on my last cruise...

We were waiting on the line to get a hamburger and french fries, when a young kid (about 17 or so), came running by soaking wet from the pool, stuck his whole hand in the thing of french fries, shoved them in his mouth and kept running. There were fries all over the floor, and the thing (and all the french fries) were all wet.

Second, it annoys me when people are coming down on the elevator, and it stops at your floor, and you see them hitting the close door button real fast and saying "common" so all the people can't get on...

None of them make me furious, because I'm on vacation, but the classlessness (is that a word?) of some people just shocks me.

No one has directly affected me or made me furious. I did see something that was very annoying on my first cruise. Some guy wearing a ton of gold chains and his anorexic girlfriend were so rude to one of the drink servers I could have slapped them. It was like they thought he had no one else to serve but them and wouldn't accept the drinks they ordered because the server was "too slow". I really hope those two didn't procreate. :rolleyes:

So my family and I were standing in line at the buffet and this man gets in line behind us. The problem is he is soaking wet. Not only was he wet, w/ no shoes on us but he appeared to have consumed one too many foo foo drinks. He was talking very loud and every time he moved water from his wet self sprayed in all directions. He had no towel either, just standing there dripping wet and soaking anything w/in an inch or two of him. We had to move my DD 7 at the time because she kept whispering (only in the not so whisper voice of a child) that the really really wet man behind her was splashing water all over her. I had to chuclkle at that. He had the nerve to look insulted when I asked my DH to trade places w/ our DD. hello, did he not notice that he was making a huge mess, not to mention a puddle? Dry off before you come indoors.:eek:

I have noticed that on 7 day cruises that by day 4 people start forgetting their manners.While standing in line for the breakfest buffet this lady lets her 6 kids and another parent jump in the line.Now i have been waiting about 10 minutes and this lady made me wait another 5...I was mad( but wife made me calm down before i said something i would have regreted)Well at the end of the cruise they called for everyone to debark and when the elevator doors opened on the floor to debark on,there stood a line about a mile long and the lady that was in the buffet line said you guys can get in line here and we did and was off the boat in about 3 minutes...wow,glad i did'nt say anything!

none of these make me furious, but do push my buttons more than the normal stupid activity of others

-purposefully shutting doors on the elevators, especially when they shut it as elderly people try to get on

-treating staff like indentured servants. WE personally talked to our dinner waitstaff for over 45 mins (she also worked the midnight buffet) and learned their salary, lifestyle on the cruise, and the experiences she's had

**she made about $75 a month from carnival and they survive on tips

** they have to pay for their passports and visas AND a ticket onto the boat like the rest of us..

-people allowing their children to just get totally out of control.. some kids were removed for heckling the r-rated comedian, and the infamous drinking/vomit stories.. we saw young teens run onto the stage during big band dance hour in the main lounge, as couples and adults were dancing, and do the "mexican hat dance" and make an incredibly large amount of noise

-booing any shows or performers

Fortuneately I have never had anuone do anything to me personally on a cruise to infuriate me.

I get perturbed by all of the things listed already. rudeness , cutting in line, etc. But nothing too outrageous.

One thing that did tick me off was the time we were having lunch on Lido. It was a sea day and the dining area was pretty full . Next to us was a table of teens and they were sitting , talking quietly amongst themselves and enjoying their food.

Along comes these two couples , I would say mid 50s , walking through the tables with their trays looking for a place to sit.

One of the wives looks over at the table of teens and says to her group. "They (I assume she meant the Lido staff) should make those kids move so people can sit"

What a nerve on this dame. Those kids were sitting there well behaved , eating their lunch. they weren't loitering or holding up a table. they had every right to be there.

Just because they were kids they shouldn't be there ?

She didn't say that about any of the tables full of adults.

Archived