food at great stirrup cay

Pinkbikini

Ok, silly question...

When we're at Great Stirrup Cay, where do we eat? Can you get on and off the boat to get food?? Or do they serve you somewhere on the beach? Or do people go into the "town" to eat???

Just curious...

Well, there really isn't a "town" on GSC. They'll have a BBQ on the beach (huts just to the right of where you get off the tender). They'll have hamburgers and hot dogs (at least - sometimes Chicken and ribs, too). They'll have salad and pasta or fruit salad, fresh fruits, and water, lemonade and iced tea (sometimes). They'll also have a full bar (with servers walking around with pina coladas and bahama mammas to sell from a tray). You can certainly go back to the ship to eat if you want to. But, that'll take A LOT of time: tendering to the ship, eat, and then tender back.

You will love GSC and the bbq was great. We loved that island better than Carnival's private Island. The snorkeling was much better on GSC.

Luanne

That's high praise! We've been to half moon cay twice and thought it was the best. Can't wait until we try GSC.

WE didn't get to half moon because of weather conditions; of course this isnt unusual for any of the private islands. We enjoyed GSC, we just tendered over, had lunch, layed out for awhile, watched the younger set play volleyball, walked up to the really bad straw market and tendered back. The food was very good. I almost felt like I was back in Southern Ca as a kid, enjoying a beach picnic. Both my DD and I loved the few hours we spent there. NMnita

Ok, silly question...

When we're at Great Stirrup Cay, where do we eat? Can you get on and off the boat to get food?? Or do they serve you somewhere on the beach? Or do people go into the "town" to eat???

Just curious...

Here is a link to our photos last summer from GSC. You can see the tender which takes you back and forth from the ship. The beach tends to get crowded, so many of the people head back early and enjoy the quiet time by the ships pool. Food is available on the island, as well as back on the ship. They have some pretty good prices on massages on the beach, run by the NCL Spa....sign up as soon as you get to the island if it's something you are interested in. :)

2246498960094064591S425x425Q85.jpg

Not sure what ship you are...or how long you are there. but I was just on the Spirit 6-Day and we were only at GCS wed night until 12:30 on Thursday. I thought there was going to be a big BBQ, as I had read on the boards, but there were only hot dogs and pizza on Thursday and Pizza and cookies on Wednesday night for the beach party. Maybe it was because we were there for so little time, but I would eat on the ship next time if I did that same itinerary.

I did enjoy the island...nice and relaxing!

Thanks for all the info. I have never cruised before but have learned a lot from you and your sister. I am goin on the Dawn with a large group in July. I am so excited can't wait!!!! I appreciate anything else you can share......

Thanks for all the info. I have never cruised before but have learned a lot from you and your sister. I am goin on the Dawn with a large group in July. I am so excited can't wait!!!! I appreciate anything else you can share......

I'm posting her updates here:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=570110

And....I'm sure she will post a review when she returns.

You will love the Dawn and her crew.

The "first" cruise is sooooo exciting! I will never forget the first time we pulled out of the harbor.

Beware...you will never be able to stop cruising once you start;)

Have a fantastic cruise...I'm sure you will:)

Thank you everyone! And thank you for the pic of the "tender" since I didn't even know what it was until a couple weeks ago!

I just can't wait. 6 months to go!!!

Thank you all for your generosity of time.

Thank you everyone! And thank you for the pic of the "tender" since I didn't even know what it was until a couple weeks ago!

I just can't wait. 6 months to go!!!

Thank you all for your generosity of time.

If you click on the picture of the tender boat it takes you to the rest of the album from GSC.

Here is a link to our photos last summer from GSC. You can see the tender which takes you back and forth from the ship. The beach tends to get crowded, so many of the people head back early and enjoy the quiet time by the ships pool. Food is available on the island, as well as back on the ship. They have some pretty good prices on massages on the beach, run by the NCL Spa....sign up as soon as you get to the island if it's something you are interested in. :)

2246498960094064591S425x425Q85.jpg

Another great thing is that the Norway's tenders are being used at GSC.

PE

Not sure what ship you are...or how long you are there. but I was just on the Spirit 6-Day and we were only at GCS wed night until 12:30 on Thursday. I thought there was going to be a big BBQ, as I had read on the boards, but there were only hot dogs and pizza on Thursday and Pizza and cookies on Wednesday night for the beach party. Maybe it was because we were there for so little time, but I would eat on the ship next time if I did that same itinerary.

I did enjoy the island...nice and relaxing!

wow, we had a lot more than that: we had hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken I think; a couple of salads and the usual picnic food. We thought it was very good. NMnita

wow, we had a lot more than that: we had hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken I think; a couple of salads and the usual picnic food. We thought it was very good. NMnita

That's what i thought there was going to be...but oh well! It was fine because we had to be back on the ship at lunchtime and we hit up the grill on deck.

Archived