Roll Call Pride Caribbean Nov. 17-Dec. 1

SantaAna,CA

Hi Jane:

Wish I could join you! :D I'm afraid I've turned in my Caribbean jaunts (for the time being!) and booked the Spring crossings (on the Legend)...the rates I got (early enough) were too good to pass up, although the airfare eats most of that up....

I hope you have a wonderful 2 weeks aboard the beautiful Pride!

Paul

who'd love to sneak in one or 2 SB's... if he could! ;)

Well I will miss seeing you. I still have on my bureau at home a lovely framed picture of you and me standing by the spiral staircase, all dressed up, from last December's cruise. You looked so natty in that white dinner jacket!

I can understand your booking the crossing. The fare is very, very good. Hope our paths will cross again on Seabourn one of these days!

Jane :)

Well I will miss seeing you. I still have on my bureau at home a lovely framed picture of you and me standing by the spiral staircase, all dressed up, from last December's cruise. You looked so natty in that white dinner jacket!

I can understand your booking the crossing. The fare is very, very good. Hope our paths will cross again on Seabourn one of these days!

:D ;) Thanks! I'm just sure it will happen, and I look forward to it!!

Paul

We are coming! We can't do the whole 2 weeks as we have to do Thanksgiving with our family, but we arrive the 24th for our second Seabourn sailing! (first was the Spirit last summer) -

We will be celebrating my husband Tony's birthday on board (the 25th).

We are also bringing dear friends who have never sailed Seabourn. I'm sure they will fall in love with the line as we did.

I hope to meet you on board!

(besides we had to sail to get priority to book the New Build!):)

Perhaps we'll find a place and time to get together! That would be nice.

I think the Caribbean cruise will have a lot more downtime than our port intensive Athens to Istanbul!

Hot tub on the front of the ship is my favorite spot to meet!

I'm so happy to hear that some fellow CCers will be on the cruise. I agree, the forward hot tub is a favorite of mine as well. I just love sitting out there. Look forward to meeting you both.

Simon, were you and your wife on the December 2-9 Pride cruise last year?

Jane

The forward hot tub is our favourite place too!! What better place to relax, drink champagne and watch the ship leave port.

Jane, yes Lovis and I were on the 2 - 9 December Pride cruise last year. We enjoyed the Southern Caribbean so much that we have booked again, plus I get to go to my favourite island again - Mayreau!!

Last time we missed to get together at the Sky Bar on the first day as our flight was late into Barbados (we even missed the Lifeboat Drill as well), so spent the week wondering who our fellow CCers were!

This time we are flying in a day early, so will ensure we have an early embarkation and start putting some faces to names.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in November,

Simon :)

Aha, I thought so. I think I remember Lovis as being the brave gal who was dancing up a storm on our last night, up at the Club....when everyone else was being pitched to and fro. As I recall, she was up there for just about every tune!

I also loved Mayreau....and because I was diving, I missed most of the barbeque. Since I have two weeks this time around (I also liked the southern Caribbean, and that's why I'm going back there), I won't miss out on the banana boat rides, etc. Too much fun!

Jane :rolleyes:

Yes that was definitely Lovis!!! Standby for part 2 this year!

For me the Caviar in the Surf and the beach BBQ were the highlights of the cruise. Looking at the cruise calendar, you get two visits to Mayreau in your two weeks - you're so lucky!!!

• 2 months later...

DH and I are booked for 7 days during this sailing. Couldn't get away for the whole 2 weeks. :( Have been reading the boards here, and lots of great info, thanks. First time on Seabourn, and are so looking forward to the experience.

The forward hot tub is our favourite place too!! What better place to relax, drink champagne and watch the ship leave port.

Jane, yes Lovis and I were on the 2 - 9 December Pride cruise last year. We enjoyed the Southern Caribbean so much that we have booked again, plus I get to go to my favourite island again - Mayreau!!

Last time we missed to get together at the Sky Bar on the first day as our flight was late into Barbados (we even missed the Lifeboat Drill as well), so spent the week wondering who our fellow CCers were!

This time we are flying in a day early, so will ensure we have an early embarkation and start putting some faces to names.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in November,

Simon, don't SAY THAT! We have to fly into Barbados on the 24th and can't be late!!! So save our seats at the Sky Bar! We too love the forward hot tub. We are bringing a first timer couple with us and I know they will love it. See you in 89 days.

DH and I are booked for 7 days during this sailing. Couldn't get away for the whole 2 weeks. :( Have been reading the boards here, and lots of great info, thanks. First time on Seabourn, and are so looking forward to the experience.

CRB04 - welcome to our thread! You will be hooked on Seabourn. We couldn't do 2 weeks either. You will be spoiled. We sailed Athens to Istanbul last summer July 06 (on the Spirit) and just couldn't wait to return. Look forward to meeting you. Any questions - everyone on this board is very friendly and helpful.

Hi Cruisewoman, the only reason we were late into Barbados last year was that the First Officer on our British Airways flight had been delayed arriving at the airport (due to a large accident closing the motorway that he needed to use to get to the airport). That meant that our flight was about 1.5 hours late leaving and the delays just seemed to get compounded - including the infamous wait to clear Immigration at Barbados airport.

The previous time we had used Virgin Atlantic and were on board in time to have a relaxing Jacuzzi before the Muster Drill.

The good thing about leaving from Barbados is that the Pride doesn't set sail until 11.00 pm, so giving plenty of leeway for travel delays. That said, the previous time, there had been heavy snow on the eastern seaboard of the USA, that had delayed many flights from that part of the world. As a result, the Captain delayed our departure until 1.00 am to allow time for these poor people to arrive.

Looking forward to meeting you on board, Simon

Hi Cruisewoman, the only reason we were late into Barbados last year was that the First Officer on our British Airways flight had been delayed arriving at the airport (due to a large accident closing the motorway that he needed to use to get to the airport). That meant that our flight was about 1.5 hours late leaving and the delays just seemed to get compounded - including the infamous wait to clear Immigration at Barbados airport.

The previous time we had used Virgin Atlantic and were on board in time to have a relaxing Jacuzzi before the Muster Drill.

The good thing about leaving from Barbados is that the Pride doesn't set sail until 11.00 pm, so giving plenty of leeway for travel delays. That said, the previous time, there had been heavy snow on the eastern seaboard of the USA, that had delayed many flights from that part of the world. As a result, the Captain delayed our departure until 1.00 am to allow time for these poor people to arrive.

Looking forward to meeting you on board, Simon

That's the kinds of travel headaches that happend and what can you do! Hopefully we'll be there at the skybar by 5 pm. I look forward to meeting you. So how do CruiseCritic's recognize each other?!

*lol* this was my suggestion on my first Seabourn cruise. I think on my last cruise I sort of just drifted up to the Skybar and met people there. Since the ship is leaving at 11pm, I don't know when they'll run the lifeboat drill. Five-ish maybe? I'm wondering if you want to meet at the Skybar after, or before, or we could even plan on dinner in the dining room, getting a large table together at whatever time you like.

I'm open for any suggestions, I will be already on board (I think it's the 24th, Simon, that you and cruisewoman board, is that correct?) so I'll make myself available, since I know you both will be flying in from different places.

Jane

I'm not sure about the red rose (may wilt in the heat)! LOL But I think it's a great idea to meet up at the Sky Bar after Muster Drill.

Jane - yes, we board on the 24th, I pretty sure that Cruisewoman does too.

Would anyone else like to join us?

I'm not sure about the red rose (may wilt in the heat)! LOL But I think it's a great idea to meet up at the Sky Bar after Muster Drill.

You are right Simon. Boarding the 24th with another couple who are newbies. Arriving at 3:30 flight so don't know about dinner. But SKYBar for sure.

I will ponder the how to recognize. I could wear my pink cowboy hat!

Also I think this couple might prefer the first night to have dinner just the 4 of us - but I'll ponder that too.

Archived